Thread: Data Sources Tool

Default Data Sources Tool

I am attempting to publish a database. I have created a data source and a recordset and placed a connector on my page. However, I am unable to locate the Data List Tool anywhere in my system. I am not sure what the instructions mean by the Advanced Toolbar. I have the Workspace in Advanced View. In page view, I have the Data Source Tools showing on the Toolbar but all buttons are greyed out and I have Data Sources properties panel open.
    I cannot for the life of me find the Data Sources Tool. Please help. Thanks.

Hi - I have just joined the forum myself for some advanced help with the data list tool and saw your post, so a little disappoint to see you had not received a reply.

If you have not already solved your problem, open the page you wish to work in and go to the menu in the top left of the page and select - VIEW, form the drop down menu highlight Components which will open another drop down menu to it's right, from that list make sure the Advanced Tools option is ticked. Then from the selection of tools that slide in from the left of the page open the Advance Tools tab where you should find the Data List tool.

Good Luck - it can be a useful tool but with some limitations, which is why I am here, but I've used it for years and once you have it working it is reliable; I currently have it in use 7 times one under the other on my website home page if you need to see an example.

Most users find that they outgrow the internal database tools and end up coding and inserting what they need. Or find that they want more customization than what the tools allow.

The insertion part in Fusion is dead simple and covered in this tutorial: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4068

It is the coding of what you want to do that is what you need to learn (PHP, DOT.NET, or ColdFusion).
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz