Thread: HTML 5 and CSS3 checked when entered into NOF?

Default HTML 5 and CSS3 checked when entered into NOF?

Hi Guys

Will NOF have a Pink Fit if I entre HTML5 and CSS3 into the page?

I am still learning this so please be gentle

Cheers
    Brett

Fusion writes the doctype and it is selected from a list of supported doctypes.

Fusion is a code generator. The doctype you select will determine what code it will write for you.

HTML 5 is not one of the supported doctypes and AFAK there is no way to remove the Fusion generated doctype and replace it with something that is not supported by the software.

Now with all that fine explanation behind us..... what do you want to do
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the info I thought as much as it is a generator. I am just playing with it at the moment, trying to learn all the bits etc. I can write standard HTML and XHTML by hand and have a good understanding of CSS and some Java.

I am finding it different to rely on the Generator and not go in and do it by hand :P I am currently employed full time, so times limited.

I wanted to leave out the standard graphic menu buttons and place in HTML5 as its cleaner, and was wondering if NOF checked it, as it does I will pop it in by hand.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by bburgess; 01-29-2013 at 11:03 AM.

What many uses did in the way back years was to design and layout a web design with Fusion and make a "master/template page" When I say master/template page I mean it in the Dreamweaver definition which is a master page that is used to start all new pages from.

Once the design and layout was finished, you would switch to another tool to add the actual content and maintain the site, putting Fusion away until you wanted to design and layout another web site.

Fusion 4 came bundled with Allaire Homesite which was an exceptional HTML editor.

Now if you want to design a single page, then switch to an editor, you could easily copy/paste a new document from the Fusion created "master page" then replace the doctype statement with an html 5 one and add in CSS menu structure. Just don't use Fusion again as any changes you made outside of the program would be overwritten and you would need to go back in with your editor and make all of the changes again.

Fusion is just a tool and when you use it as a layout and design tool as opposed to a site maintenance tool you will find it is very useful tool and one that can save you hours of design and layout time as you just drag and drop, move and plop and all of the layout and positioning code is written for you.

Most of the time consumed in web construction is in the layout and design phase. It only takes a few mouse clicks to copy/paste content into an already existing html document
    Last edited by gotFusion; 01-29-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks again gotFusion Yes that makes sense. I will think of it as a design tool and it will save hours and hours for me at least