Thread: XII - Script Error on preview

Question XII - Script Error on preview

Hi...haven't seen this and really need to figure it out. Any help appreciated:

I have Fusion XII, using on 64bit HP, with Windows Vista Home Premium, IE9, update 9.0114

I get the following script error in preview:

Line 1
    Char 1
    Error: Object doesn't support property or method AddEventListner
    Code 0

My Fusion XI(I is version 12.00.000.5071

I've been trying to update my website for almost a year...get frustrated and stop...Today I am trying to do an entirely new site, using the site wizard.

Any help appreciated!
    Marge

Unhappy Script Error on preview

I too am getting a script error on preview and the fly-out menu buttons are not displaying properly, both on page preview and site preview.

A typical error message on opening page preview is:

An error has occurred in the script on this page
    Line : 398
    Char: 136
    Error: Expected ')'
    Code: 0
    followed by the URL of the page in the preview folder

I have just rebuilt my computer and am running a new install of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    My site was originally built in NoF 9 but I have upgraded to NoF XII by saving my site as a template and importing it.
    I have tried also installing NoF 9 under Win7 64bit and it gives similar error messages, so it's not the program version.
    I have several backup template saves of the site and the problem occurs with them all.

However, when I run a virtual machine with Windows XP and install NoF9 the site file opens and displays perfectly, with no script errors and the button rollovers and flyouts display correctly both in page preview and site preview.

This suggests to me that the problem is with something in Windows 7 64 bit that is affecting both the versions of NoF.

NOF version is 12.00.0000.5071

When I local publish the site, there are no errors and the buttons rollover and flyout as they should.

Can anybody suggest what is causing the problem?
    Last edited by JohnWatton; 03-30-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: more info

Preview is internal and uses the Internet Explorer engine. The error is caused by IE and I've seen it off and on over the years depending on the version of IE I use. I've never had any ill effects by simply ignoring the message. The best way to preview your work is simply to local publish the page and then you can view it in multiple browsers, including IE. Toggling quirks mode may help (it's in the site options somewhere).

Didn't help. I even tried Chrome and Firefox...phoey... what is the
    "Error: Object doesn't support property or method AddEventListner" error? It's causing my heading to appear in the text box in the sub header, not at the top where it should be.

Marge
    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Preview is internal and uses the Internet Explorer engine. The error is caused by IE and I've seen it off and on over the years depending on the version of IE I use. I've never had any ill effects by simply ignoring the message. The best way to preview your work is simply to local publish the page and then you can view it in multiple browsers, including IE. Toggling quirks mode may help (it's in the site options somewhere).

Have you tried a local publish? If so, does the script error appear when you open the site in a browser?

You might also try deleting unused assets in assets view and then reoptimising the site. Then try a preview again. If all fails, export your site as a template, not including unused assets, rename the old site folder, and open a new site from the template.

If none of those work, then uninstall and reinstall NoF and open your site from the saved template.

Thanks will give these a try. I have tried opening as local publish, and in preview. My Win7 computer does not show this error code, but the words are still in the wrong place. I didn't have this issue with version 8 or 11...so not sure what's going on.
    I'll also try deleting unused assets...but don't think I have any... I will say that this is the first site I've tried using the site wizzard. Maybe I should just try not using the wizzard...was hoping it would be faster.
    marge