Thread: NOF 12 - html window freezes

Exclamation NOF 12 - html window freezes

I am having an issue with html screen. If I have a textbox I want to add html to, the screen freezes - the only way to stop it is to hit Alt-F4 & get out. Also, if I have a link, file, etc & click the html button - the same thing happens. The screen freezes & I must hit Alt-F4 to get out. It's like the html box opens but I'm not seeing it.

I am running Windows 7-64 bit. I haven't had any issues up to now.

Hi alaughlin,

Can you try this in a new blank website in NetObjects and let me know what happens? If you are able to work without issue in a new site, try these steps to optimize your website:

Save a backup copy and re-optimize your existing site:

Open your site in NetObjects Fusion.
    Save a back-up copy of your existing site. From the Tools menu, choose “Save Site As”.
    From the Tools menu, choose “Re-Optimize”.
    From the File menu, choose “Save” to ensure that the re-optimized site is saved.

Verify file assets:

Switch to the Assets view to display all of the sites file assets.
    From the Assets menu, select “Verify All File Assets”.
    If you would like to remove unused file assets from your site, from the Assets menu select “Delete All Unused File Assets”. (This is recommended for optimum performance.)

Thanks and let me know your results.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

I followed your instructions to no avail. Same issue - hit the html button & the menu doesn't appear & I must hit ALT-F4 to get out.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Forgot to mention - I have been using an external monitor with my laptop for 9+ months - Always just duplicated the laptop screen. I had a huge job to do this week & "extended" my monitor. Performed the job perfectly - used the html button through-out the job with no issue. Shut down my computer, turned on the next day to find this issue.

I thought it might be my graphics card and/or display resolution. Uninstalled & re-installed graphic drivers, reverted my screen resolution to original settings. Still nothing works.

Of course, the work around is to have the code editor at the bottom of the screen, but having this bug in the software scares me not just a little but a lot!
    Last edited by alaughlin; 02-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Hi alaughlin,

If this is happening in a new blank site, I believe it might be something outside of the software that may be blocking/altering NetObjects actions. Can you PM a list of running software you have on your new pc? Also, if you can recall any software that was installed just prior to these issues cropping up, that might be help us troubleshoot.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

The same exact thing happened to me and twice in 1 year. I found the solution. Simply re-install the program. That's it.

sounds to me like an antivirus program or firewall or defender interfering