Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos & Graphics no longer show on website - Message JDK not installed

Default Photos & Graphics no longer show on website - Message JDK not installed

Hello all, could sure use your help. I am using Windows 7, NOF 12, last week I was notified by Java, and subsequently upgraded to Java 7, then today was notified by them that I needed to update to build 12 (last update that came out to fix 50+ security issues). I did so.

I needed to make changes to my website, opened NOF 12 and got the message "JDK not installed". I closed the error box and the website opened. I made some very small changes, local published and uploaded to my website. I now have a couple of problems.

1. No graphics or pictures show on the website (www.omla.net). Where they should be, I just get a box with an "X" in it.

2. When I click on a hypertext link to go to another page on my website, it tries to load that page, then I get the message "This page cannot be displayed".

I did go to "Tools, Options, Applications, and changed Java Runtime Environment to "use version bundled with Net Objects Fusion". I no longer get the "JDK not installed" error, but still no graphics or photos. Please go to OMLA.net to see what's happening.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Java 7 and NOF do not play nicely together. Remove Java 7 and roll back to Java 6 and select that in the applications options.

Then do a complete republish of your site.

There is also something weird going on when trying to view the (missing) images. The link comes up as: http://habboigratis.altervista.org/ohmi.html?h=1311870 which gives me a "Web Of Trust" warning.

The images are on your server. Here, for example: http://omla.net/assets/images/autoge...Hbutton2_1.gif. But a right-click to view image wants to go to the link above. If your site is not affiliated with that domain, you may have been hacked.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Thanks for the feedback. How do I roll back to Java 6? Would I then need to change back to use jre 1.7 (my only other option) again in my JRE Version options block in NOF 12?

With respect to the hacking issue, any thoughts how to "unhack"? Any thoughts why I am getting the Page cannot be displayed error when I click on another page in my website? The website it wants me to go to ( http://habboigratis.altervista.org) is known for malware distribution

Please don't think I'm being lazy here. I have been working on this all day and am having troubles moving in the right direction.

I deleted Java 7 (through the control panel), downloaded Java 6 (32 bit), changed under options in NOF 12 back to JRE 1.6, Completely republished site overwriting every element, and the website still has the same problems. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by DmgGuy View Post
    With respect to the hacking issue, any thoughts how to "unhack"? Any thoughts why I am getting the Page cannot be displayed error when I click on another page in my website? The website it wants me to go to ( http://habboigratis.altervista.org) is known for malware distribution
    Yes, this is the strange part. You can enter the URL directly in the browser, and it will go to the page. But if you click on any link, you will be sent to this other URL. If your site was hacked, they may have programmed redirects at the server side using .htaccess or mod_rewrite. I'm far from an expert at this.

You could try:
    • deleting everything off the web server in your public_html folder (or wherever your site resides),
    • delete your /preview/ and /local publish/ folders from your site directory on your hard drive
    • do a full republish of the site

I would also contact support at your hosting company to have someone take a look at whether there has been anything else compromised. They may just flush and reset your account giving you a clean slate for a republish.

Oh, and change your password.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I did everything you mentioned, including contacting the ISP and have them zero out everything. Started from scratch, and still same problems. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Do I need to download the 64 bit version of Java 6?

All links to your site are still redirecting to habboigratis.altervista.org. I would hazard a guess that if you deleted your entire site off the server and clicked this link: http://www.omla.net that it would still redirect you.

This has to be something at the server end. I'd be on the horn with tech support at the ISP having them trace exactly what is happening.

The redirect (or whatever it is) is the problem. The reason your images don't show is because the links to your images also point to habboigratis.altervista.org, and, of course, they are not found there.

Regarding Java 6, NOF is a 32-bit program, so the 32-bit should (I think) be fine, although there is no harm in installing both.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

altervista.org is a known hacking site. It's a misspelling of the original altavista which was one of the original search engines on the web owned by Digital Equipment. Google more or less blasted them out of the water. A warez site played on this with the domain astalavista.se (it was in Sweden) and there have been various other iterations of the name.

I think it's most likely that you visited that site at some time and it has placed a trojan or your PC and that's where the redirects are coming from. I'd suggest getting a security expert in to clean your system. Are you running internet security? eg Kaspersky Pure 2 or similar products from McAfee or Norton? If so, their anti-virus support should be able to talk you through cleaning your computer.

Franko,

I'm not sure how malware on Guy's computer would redirect me when I click on a link to his website. Unless you are referring to me with a trojan!?!

If you're feeling lucky, click on the link to the site in my post above and see what happens. If you copy/paste the URL directly into the address bar, you will go to the site. If you click on a link to the site (as above), or any link within the site, you will go to Alternate Vista.

I have WOT and NoScript running on my PC which pretty much puts on the brakes if I'm directed to something like this.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Ray, you make a good point. However, if his web site was hacked and malicious code placed on it, it is almost inevitable that he would visit his own site and have the trojan downloaded to his PC. After all, that's the whole point of web site hacking generally (not always, sometimes there's a political motivation). I did visit the site (I have very good shields; in fact, in 20 years on the internet I have only once had a virus and that was when I stupidly double clicked a disguised .exe file before I realised what I was doing) and Kaspersky immediately blocked the site.

My guess is that a malicious download has been placed on his web site and that has downloaded a trojan. Otherwise once the web space was sterilised, the only place a redirect could come from is his browser, no? Or is there a flaw in my logic (wouldn't be the first time)?