Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with link bar and page names

Default Help with link bar and page names

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be thick but need a bit of information to heal my site http://northernallwelshshows.co.uk when you look at the website and go through the pages it still says home on the tabs and not the page name ! how do I change this also it just has the website address and not the name of the page like www.northernallwelshshows.co.uk/contactus.html

Hopefully someone can help me !!

Cheers

Scott

Sorry to a bit harsh, but what have you tried already?

Have you consulted the manual? the help?

Hint - You'll find everything you need in design view, but it is really best if you try yourself, and only then, ask for help. How else will you learn?

Scott,

you have enabled automatic frames in your website, probably by accident.
    Go to your page view, press F10 for your Masterborder properties, select the tab Auto Frames.
    Disable the frames by clicking Left, Right, Top, Bottom till there are no numbers behind them anymore.

After that you do a full publish of your website.

Cheers
    Mia
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

To be honest yes that is a bit harsh !!

I only post on forums if I cant work things out, I have been trying for the past week to find out but had no luck as cant describe what I need in the help menu to give me the information I need.

Excuse me while I try on my crotchety hat...

OK. First, you are using Frames. Just stop it! Turn them off! This is part of your problem. Place your banner and nav bar in the MasterBorder area, and turn off frames. The only reason that frames is still an option is, I presume, for backward compatibility for older sites that were created with frames.

In Design View, click in the MasterBorder area, or inside one of the frames, to get the MasterBorder Properties panel to come up. Alternatively, press F10.

In the MasterBorder Properties panel, the fourth icon at the top is for what is called AutoFrames. Click on that and the panel will show Frames. It's difficult to see, but you need to de-select ALL of these. They appear slightly indented and dark when selected, and raised and lighter when de-selected. When selected, they will have a number in parentheses beside them.

Now, turn them all off. Go ahead, I'll wait.

OK. Now go to Site View, where your site structure is shown in a flow-chart like manner. Click on a page and note the Page Properties panel at the right.

The Page name is the name that will appear on the navigation bar for your pages. Likely they are all OK. The Page title is what appears on the title bar of the browser. In FF, both the tab and the title bar show this. It defaults to the page name so it is not blank. Go ahead and change each Page title to be something a little more descriptive. This is good for SEO.

I'm not entirely clear on the second part of your question about showing the "just... the website address". The status bar at the bottom of the browser will always show the true URL of a link when you hover over it. The page title will show whatever you want; you just have to enter the information you want displayed.

HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I'm not entirely clear on the second part of your question about showing the "just... the website address". The status bar at the bottom of the browser will always show the true URL of a link when you hover over it. The page title will show whatever you want; you just have to enter the information you want displayed.
    Scott was just confused that the URL was not changing when he was clicking through the pages.....
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Thanks, Mia

If I'd known David was going to be the bad cop, I'd have tried to be good cop.

I hope we didn't scare Scott away.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Hi Mia,

Thank you so much for your help, it had been doing my head in for about a week ! just one other question, what is the best way to have it so it is in the middle of the web page ?

Thanks again

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Scott,

you have enabled automatic frames in your website, probably by accident.
    Go to your page view, press F10 for your Masterborder properties, select the tab Auto Frames.
    Disable the frames by clicking Left, Right, Top, Bottom till there are no numbers behind them anymore.

After that you do a full publish of your website.

Cheers
    Mia

No, takes more then that to scare me away, I am just learning how to use NOF12 and thought I would try the forum, everyone has been very helpful with exceptions ! lol only kidding I can see what they mean but think it needs to be worded a bit better ! .

Thanks again everyone and its sorted the problem straight out !

Scott

Glad you got it sorted....

To center your pages in browser:

In the Masterborder properties (F10) click HTML and enter the tag <div align="center"> in the begin of body and </div> in the end of body.
    Begin of body and End of body are the 4th and 5th small icons in the top of the HTML window.

Cheers
    Mia