Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Image Display Issues in Internet Explorer

Default Image Display Issues in Internet Explorer

Greetings All,

I apologize if this is a repeat question, however, I have been away from things from awhile and times have changed. I was developing in NetObjects v10 and have since updated to v12.

I have started developing my new site and since I use Chrome as my default I checked the site as I moved forward and all was fine. As I was closing in on finishing the initial draft of the site, I started testing in all browsers as would be prudent. To my horror, all of the images showed the RED X in Internet Explorer V8. The pages showed perfectly in all other browsers, Chrome and Firefox.

I have polled my test market and the larger percentage will be viewing the site in IE so thus I must solve this problem.

I have cleared the IE history, cache, etc to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to launch the new website at the beginning of next week.

Respectfully,

Keith

What type of images? GIF? JPG?

have you used NoF's image optimiser?

Do you have a URL?

Is the site "live" on a web server, or are you just using local publish?

If it's live, post a URL so folks can have a look to see what's going on. Otherwise we're just guessing.

If you are just doing a preview or local publish, IE typically has a warning that comes up that you have to allow before much of the page is displayed.

If you have not yet published online, create a folder called "/test/" and publish it there and post a URL. Just create a new publish profile, and instead of "/public_html/" for the directory, enter "/public_html/test/" and then perform an FTP publish. Have a look and if there are still problems, post the URL.

(NOTE: If the name of your root folder is not /public_html/, change the directory accordingly.)

Once everything is working, simply delete the /test/ folder and all it's contents on your server and you're back in business. Or keep the /test/ folder as a place to try tweaks to your site without affecting the real site.
    Last edited by RayC; 02-14-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default Image Display Problem in Internet Explorer

I have just published the site to the following URL: www.29prgc.com/test. I have checked the site with both IE and Chrome and it is performing in the same manner is it did in the local preview.

For some reason it appears that IE is unable to read the path of the image file which in in a .jpg format.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks for the assist so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Is the site "live" on a web server, or are you just using local publish?

If it's live, post a URL so folks can have a look to see what's going on. Otherwise we're just guessing.

If you are just doing a preview or local publish, IE typically has a warning that comes up that you have to allow before much of the page is displayed.

If you have not yet published online, create a folder called "/test/" and publish it there and post a URL. Just create a new publish profile, and instead of "/public_html/" for the directory, enter "/public_html/test/" and then perform an FTP publish. Have a look and if there are still problems, post the URL.

(NOTE: If the name of your root folder is not /public_html/, change the directory accordingly.)

Once everything is working, simply delete the /test/ folder and all it's contents on your server and you're back in business. Or keep the /test/ folder as a place to try tweaks to your site without affecting the real site.

It displays just fine for me in IE9.

OK. Very weird. Looks fine in FF, but in IE8 (64-bit) under Windows 7, I get the universal "Image Not Found" symbol of the little red 'X'.

Even if I go directly to the file location: http://www.29prgc.com/test/29PRGC_Logo.jpg I still get nothing in IE8.

I could make a couple of suggestions, but I'd just be guessing. I wonder if any of our German scientists have seen this? Mia? Babs? Tommy?

You could also try searching the forum archives. It may have come up before.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Greetings,

I also tried it with a Sony 'S' tablet running the Android OS and browser and had the same problem with the images.

Maybe this will help point to the solution. Thanks for helping find the solution to this pesky bug. You did note that one gentleman noted it did work in IE 9.

Thanks for the assist.

Keith

Looks good here. I see the images properly, without red X's, in IE9/Win7 as well. I have sometimes seen problems when people didn't realize that IE's "compatibility mode" (the little page icon in the location bar) was turned on but I toggled it back and forth and nothing changed.

Same here, Win7, IE9, all images display fine.

OK. I think I've found your problem.

Your images are in CMYK colour space. Convert them to RGB and see what happens.

I dare you!
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in