Thread: Create Site map for search engines

Default Create Site map for search engines

From help topics in NOFX11 I have followed through the instructions about creating a site map. Get to Step 3 and get the Publish setting dialogue box, Step 4 is OK have put in live URL however am missing the "Create site map for search engines" option at the bottom of the dialog. Can anyone help? Thanks Nanart

Personally I use the sitemaps generator at http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ rather than the inbuilt NoF component. The Site Map component is under Standard Components in Page View in v12. Publish a Site Map for search engines is in Site Options under the Site Traffic tab.
    Last edited by franko; 02-20-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: To add some info

Thanks Franko. I have tried using the site maps generator but have run into difficulties using the recommended HTML file upload:

1. Download this HTML verification file. [google1cbb8ef2ae964f4f.html]

2. Upload the file to http://billigal.x10.mx/

3. Confirm successful upload by visiting http://billigal.x10.mx/google1cbb8ef2ae964f4f.html in your browser.

4. Click Verify below.

To stay verified, don't remove the HTML file, even after verification succeeds.

Everything seemed to be going ok until I got to step 4. I then got a message stating "we weren't able to verify your site. Your verification file has the wrong content. Are you using the verification file that was downloaded from this site?"

I used the verification file in step 1 and uploaded it using Filezilla.

Can you help - I feel I'm stuck on this. Thanks Nanart

You should use the xml version of the site map; I've never had any trouble with it. Once you've uploaded it to your document root and made sure it's there by visiting it with your browser, Google should find it ok as long as the name is identical (ie cut and paste rather than type it in). If you really can't make it work following these instructions, then something has gone wrong and I'd suggest starting from scratch once again making sure at each step that file name, etc is correct.

Thanks , I'll give that a try

Thanks for your help Franko, I have successfully verified the site

Glad to help