Thread: Part of the form working

Default Part of the form working

Hi all
    This will be an easy one for some to answer, what have I done wrong.

Have a very basic form, name, email, 2 radio buttond and a comments section, send button and reset button. used the text option and all the forms are on new return carriages.

Uploaded it and part of it works, heres the result. Please ignor the _ it replaces the .
    ==================================================
    http://_webmail_fhost_com_au
    12:45 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Here is the submitted data:

sender(at)hotmail_com

C:\Users\username\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\w3solutions\Assets\nof-forms-button-placeholder.gif
    C:\Users\name\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\w3solutions\Assets\nof-forms-button-placeholder.gif
    I am interested in it all!!

Thank you
    ================================================== =

The Name and Radio Buttons information is not comming through. I have missed something :-\

Cheers
    Brett

without a URL to look I can only guess.

So here is my guess.

You used spaces in the names of the form fields that are not showing up.

Did I guess right?

If not post a URL to your form and you will get a better answer
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi gotFusion

Yes I think I have, but I placed spaces in front of all of them, I will remove any and let you know what happens, Thanks for the information!!

well I think I removed them all and even added a new radio button, but failed again, heres the HTML

<!-- Start of Text (Text3) -->
    <h3 style="text-align: left; margin-bottom: 0px;">Please feel free to contact us</h3>
    </div>
    <div id="Text1" class="nof-positioning TextObject" style="width: 528px; margin-top: 14px; margin-left: 242px; ">
    <!-- Start of Text (Text1) -->
    <form name="Text1FORM" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="../scripts/FormHandler.php" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="_nof_param_file" value="FormInfo_Text1FORM_-1450572569_11501.XML"></input>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Name
    <!-- Start of Forms Edit Field (FormsEditField1) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Edit Field (FormsEditField1) -->
    <input type="text" id="FormsEditField1" name="FormsEditField1" size="51" maxlength="51" style="width: 404px; white-space: pre;"></input></p>
    <p>Email
    <!-- Start of Forms Edit Field (FormsEditField2) -->
    <input type="text" id="FormsEditField2" name="FormsEditField1" size="51" maxlength="51" style="width: 404px; white-space: pre;"></input></p>
    <p>Interested in Web Page
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton5) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton5) -->
    <input type="radio" id="FormsRadioButton5" name="FormsRadioButton5" value="C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\solutions\Assets\nof-forms-button-placeholder.gif" style="height: 13px; width: 13px;"></input></p>
    <p>or a Logo
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton4) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton4) -->
    <input type="radio" id="FormsRadioButton4" name="FormsRadioButton4" value="C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\solutions\Assets\nof-forms-button-placeholder.gif" style="height: 13px; width: 13px;"></input></p>
    <p>A Web Page and a Logo
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton3) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Radio Button (FormsRadioButton3) -->
    <input type="radio" id="FormsRadioButton3" name="FormsRadioButton3" value="C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\NetObjects Fusion 12.0\User Sites\solutions\Assets\nof-forms-button-placeholder.gif" style="height: 13px; width: 13px;"></input></p>
    <p>Comments
    <!-- Start of Forms Multi-Line (FormsMultiLine1) -->
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">
    <!-- Start of Forms Multi-Line (FormsMultiLine1) -->
    <textarea id="FormsMultiLine1" name="FormsMultiLine1" rows="7" cols="47" style="width: 389px; white-space: pre;"></textarea></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <p>
    <!-- Start of Forms Button (FormsButton2) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Button (FormsButton2) -->
    <input type="submit" id="FormsButton2" name="FormsButton2" value="Send" style="height: 24px; width: 57px;"></input>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <!-- Start of Forms Button (FormsButton3) -->
    <!-- Start of Forms Button (FormsButton3) -->
    <input type="reset" id="FormsButton3" name="FormsButton3" value="Reset" style="height: 24px; width: 63px;"></input></p>
    <p style="margin-bottom: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>
    </form>
    </div>

I am curious why it would would have a url directed at my PC?
    Last edited by bburgess; 02-21-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Well, for a start you've assigned the same name for Forms Edit Field 2 as you have for Forms Edit Field 1:

<input type="text" id="FormsEditField2" name="FormsEditField1" size="51" maxlength="51" style="width: 404px; white-space: pre;"></input>
    Since you assign the name while NoF assigns the id, try changing the name of Forms Edit Field 2 to FormsEditField2. That should clear at least one of your problems up.

Franko thanks did not see that, so i have to ask as i only placed text into the forms feild, i have no idea how that happened. l will go in an edit it manually, then i will recreate the form and check it to see what i did wrong lol

Bbl with a go no go :-) thanks again
    Brett

*sighs* Nope same email as before, I best go destroy the page and start again and read teh instructions as I go this time instead of relying on memory.

Thanks for all the help
    Last edited by bburgess; 02-22-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Update

As Mike said, post a URL so we can check it out better. Just a thought, you are uploading to your web server to test the form? It won't work on your local computer unless you have PHP installed.

Sorry about teh time its taken to get back here

Can't I have removed it and replaced it with one that contains a drop down list, which is working fine

I will keep working on it :P