Thread: Banner Titles don't correspond to page names

Default Banner Titles don't correspond to page names

Hi folks,
    does anyone else have this problem? My banner titles keep changing on me. If I upload one single page, then when I refresh it in my browser (I've tried firefox, chrome, and EI) it's fine. If I upload more than one page, then they start to get screwy, and they change on me.

Here is my site:
    www.georgejanes.com/newsite

Specifically, if you go to:
    http://www.georgejanes.com/newsite/R...resources.html

you'll notice that the banner says: "About Us", however, if you hover your mouse over the banner, you'll see that it should read: "Resources" (Actually, there are about 30 spaces in front of the word "resources", but that's just to place it properly in the banner).

Does this have ANY reason to do with the fact that I'm using iframes in many of my pages? I only started noticing this problem when I started using iframes in my pages. (And, the only reason I'm using iframes is so that I can keep my tables to be a specific height, with a scroll bar).

Thanks for any help!

-Brian Heagney

Shoot! I just tried uploading the entire site again, to see what would happen, and now the link above is actually correct!

However, the following link is not:
    http://www.georgejanes.com/newsite/P.../projects.html

Same principle, you'll see the banner says "research", however, hover over the banner, and you'll see that it should actually say "projects".

What the heck is wrong?!

Page names, titles, banners, and nav bar text can all be different.

Take a look at this gotFusion tutorial for full details

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=242

Use this feature to get what you are after.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Page names, titles, banners, and nav bar text can all be different.
    For instance, for the "projects" page on my site ( http://www.georgejanes.com/newsite/P.../projects.html ) the name is "projects", the title is "projects" and the custom name is " projects" (with 30 spaces). The odd thing is, I KNOW that the banner for the "projects" page is taking the banner information from the "research" page, because it is including the 30 spaces in the weird name switch (I know this because the word "research" is in the right spot in the banner).

So, following the tutorial, I have every option I can telling the page, title and banner to say "Projects" but the banner takes the "Research" from the "research" page!

I have even tried uploading each page, one at a time. If I start from page 1 and progress to page 10, Page 1 will be fine when I upload it first. Then I move to page 2 and upload it and it's fine. By the time I get to uploading page 5, (uploading one page at a time remember), page 2 and page 3 suddenly have a banner change happening, and then from there, every time I fix one, another one gets switched.

Did you check the Masterborder properties on the Projects page? This is the easiest mistake to make with Fusion and the Auto Generated info that it can do. Looks like you are using the Masterborder from Research on the Projects page to me....

Quote Originally Posted by kspoor View Post
    Did you check the Masterborder properties on the Projects page?
    Well, since you say it like that...I'll check it now...
    Okay I checked it...but I'm not sure what I'm checking it for.

This is the easiest mistake to make with Fusion and the Auto Generated info that it can do.
    What is the "mistake" that is easy to make?
    I checked the master boarder properties and all of the webpages use "DefaultMasterBoarder" But I've always done that for years and have never had a problem with the banners using different page-names.
    On top of that, I clicked on every banner in page-view, and each banner claims that the banner title is going to be what I want.

In fact, let's say I upload the "home" page. After doing so, I'll visit the home page (refresh the browser), and it will say "home". Then, I'll upload another page, and the Home page will still say "home" on the banner. Great.
    Then, I'll upload a third page, and the Home page banner will suddenly switch to that third uploaded page's banner name.

Looks like you are using the Masterborder from Research on the Projects page to me....
    And I guess I don't understand what you mean by this. All of my pages use DefaultMasterBoarder, which I thought was one of the reasons to use a websitebuilder like Net Objects Fusion, so that your entire site can use the same masterborder style so you only have to make minimal updates.

Okay...I know I'm NOT supposed to answer my own question, but you know what? When I DON'T ask a question on a forum, I spend MONTHS on it, every night thinking, "I should ask this on a forum" and then I say, "Nahhh, because I'll solve it tonight and I'll look like an impatient jerk."

So, I decided not to spend months on this problem, post the question on this forum, and I just found out that for some reason, using inline frames has been causing this issue. Because I just deleted all of the iframes, and now the site is uploading perfectly.

The only reason I was using iframes was so I could have a scroll bar in my table cells, I haven't figured out how to do that yet without iframes, I'm hoping there's a solution for that. If I don't find out the solution tonight, I'll be posting that question tomorrow in the forums.

If you use a form input text area (MultiLine input in Fusion speak) you get a scroll bar area. It is more limited than an iFrame but you can do it if you insert readonly="readonly" within the tag and use only text.

You can also insert the iFrame coding manually and create the iFrame content pages which takes everything outside of Fusion
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I just tried using a text-based form (text box), and inserted the "readonly="readonly" within the tag as you mentioned, but this doesn't give a scroll bar WITHIN the area that I'm looking for.

Here's what it looks like using the text box form: http://www.georgejanes.com/newsite/Links/links.html

Yes, there is a scroll bar, but it's on the far right side of the screen, whereas, I want the scroll bar to be within the cell on the right, and I want that cell to be consistently 500 pixels tall, just like the image.