Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Javascript Background stretching

Default Javascript Background stretching

I have been working on a site in Version 11 Fusion - trying to add a full screen background (tried several options out there with mixed success) kind of settling with the vegas plugin by Jay Salvat, my question is that the HTML output from 11 does NOT render the background in Explorer 8 or 9 at all - works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Does Fusion XII do a better job in output to warrent using? I tried bgStretcher in XII and the background code did NOT tolerate any other JavaScript running on the page (I was using the Goldmine CountDown Clock, and I used Hivelogic email obfuscation) so I kinda gave up on that version, at least 11 gives me more options for what is on the page right now. Just to showing up in Explorer.

I have something posted at;

http://site-fly.com/ridgewalk13/

for anyone willing to look as to why it is rendering in everything except Explorer. I contacted Jay and he is a Mac person and is going to look, but it is only on his To-Do list right now. What is really weird is his main page for this plugin renders fine in Explorer - BUT his "live demo" does NOT.

I'm sure it is how Explorer handles script errors (probably not as graceful as Chrome).

Thanks to all ...

-K

What is your 'Quirks Mode' setting in Explorer? Try changing it (it does some strange things beyond me to explain.)

I did notice that turning OFF quirks mode in Fusion XII did render the page correctly - but for some reason XII did not allow any other javascript to be on the page. How do I switch quirks mode in Explorer - I did a quick search and it looked like DOCTYPE in my HTML is what switches it. I am hoping to get the code to a point that it is viewable for Explorer visitors without them having to switch anythi

Found a Jquery option for background stretching... vegas plugin by jay salvat (just do a google search).
    And it plays well with other page javascript unlike bgStretcher. Got it working on a client site and it works really well!

When you've got multiple scripts running on a page, it's a bit of a crap-shoot as to what my conflict with what. It doesn't make one script "better" than another.

Finding scripts that don't conflict with the standard NOF javascript is a useful exercise though, since the NOF js will show up time and again in any site you do.

Thanks for sharing.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Want to post a URL to the client site so we can see it in action on an NoF site?

Absolutely love Fusion 11 - but I am quickly becoming a convert with Fusion 12, the generated code is very good so far!

I don't want to ruin your day, but there are a couple of odd things going on.

First, your loader image for the background image is just a blob.

Name:  LoadImg.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  1.1 KB

Second, your body tag has TWO embedded style tags, each with its' own background-color and background-image properties, both of which seem redundant since you have a full-screen background image.
    HTML Code:
    <body STYLE="background-color: rgb(204,204,204); background-image: none; margin: 0px;" style="background-color: transparent; background-image: none; margin: 0px;" class="nof-centerBody">
    You must have either applied some inline styling or inserted some code that is now doubling up these properties.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

You are calling quite a few javascripts there. Did you place the vegas calls via the html button in NoF or did you add them manually after publishing? Any conflicts you needed to resolve?