Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Javascript Background stretching

The blob I was not worried about - is it something that should concern me?It is nothing more than an arrow spinning when it works... The body STYLE is totally a Fusion thing - It might be a bit redundant, but this site was created in Fusion 11 years ago and the client has NOT wanted to do anything other than update info for the past few years. I only imported the template into XII to allow for the newer code options that allowed the background stretch to work.

Any "cleaning" tidbits you could pass on? I would be happy to have a leaner-meaner site if possible.

Is there a limit to javascripts being used? I have a countdown (coolmaps - love those plugin!) on the homepage and I used javascript as email obfuscation (hivelogic) on other pages. I added the code right in Fusion - Masterborders HTML <Head> area - worked like a charm! Honestly the vegas plugin WORKS - bgStretcher (on GitHub) did not like ANY other page javascript for me for some reason!

Fixed the blob thing - found that I missed a folder called images with the animation - loading.gif - thanks for the heads up!

Well, the more javascripts, or jQuery scripts, or whatever, you have, the more likely you will run into conflicts. Typically what happens is you get variables in different scripts with the same name. The second one overrides or overwrites the first and >>BAZINGA<< nothing works. Usually it's next to impossible (or, at least, not worth the time) to try to figure out where the conflict is.

The other thing that will happen, which is a matter of being aware of what you are doing, is loading multiple instances and versions of jQuery, which can cause issues. As a rule, a page should only have ONE call to load jQuery.

Regarding "cleaning", I'm pretty sure that NOF would not normally place two STYLE tags inside the <BODY> tag. This sometimes happens as you migrate a site from one version to the next. Some past careless site building, code insertion, inline styling, etc. gets propagated, and sometimes even embedded as uneditable code.

In Page View, you can click on the Code tab at the bottom and see if there is anything you can remove related to those tags, or anything else that is redundant. There are so many places in NOF where you can insert code, sometimes it can be hard to find how it was inserted to remove it. What you have is not likely to cause problems. One will be overridden by the other, then completely blocked out by your background image.

I remember when I first started using NOF, I used one of the supplied SiteStyles (ugh!), then in Page View used it like I would MS-Word, simply highlighting text and formatting size and style from the Properties Panel. It worked, but what a mess.

Then Barbara, Mia and Thomas came to my house late one night. Thomas and Mia held me down while Barbara shone a bright light in my eyes, snapping her riding crop in her hand saying:

Sie müssen CSS verwenden! Und Sie werden es mögen!
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

"Yes, like it you will" .... - that is too funny!

Then Barbara, Mia and Thomas came to my house late one night. Thomas and Mia held me down while Barbara shone a bright light in my eyes, snapping her riding crop in her hand saying:

Oh dear, oh dear...... I' m laughing my head off......
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Ray, I'm very sweet and will only tempt you into something with a piece of chocolate

For those of you who - like Ray - even have nightmares in German, here is a jquery backstretch background tutorial for NOF - the picture will be automatically scaled down to browser size.

http://www.nof-schule.de/forum/t-jqu...ieren-fullsize

Well, if I had known chocolate was an option... I wouldn't have ended up with so many welts!

For anyone interested, here's the source site for jQuery Backstretch, en anglais.
    Last edited by RayC; 03-22-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in