Thread: Maintain Web Site Not Created With NetObjects Fusion

Default Maintain Web Site Not Created With NetObjects Fusion

I have been asked by a friend if I could maintain his web site that was not built with Fusion.
    He wants some pages altered and added as well as normal updates for his business on the existing pages.

It would be appreciated if somebody could provide the information if it can be done and any tutorial available.

kevsim

Nope, can only be done if you recreate the site in NoF.

Over and over and over again we oldies keep pointing out NoF is a code generator not a code editor.

You will need to use a code editor, say Dreamweaver, Expression Web, notepad, Blue Gryffon as a few examples.

Or use 4D Site Designer which will allow you to edit the existing site and add dynamic content features, ecommerce, etc

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post
    Nope, can only be done if you recreate the site in NoF.

Over and over and over again we oldies keep pointing out NoF is a code generator not a code editor.

You will need to use a code editor, say Dreamweaver, Expression Web, notepad, Blue Gryffon as a few examples.

Or use 4D Site Designer which will allow you to edit the existing site and add dynamic content features, ecommerce, etc

HTH
    As neatly stated above, you would really have to start over again with NOF.
    Expression Web - which will open and edit the existing pages - is now available free of charge from Microsoft:
    Microsoft Expression Web 4

Might be worth a try.

p.s. It's the full version which was previously on sale - don't be swayed by the "Web_Trial_en.exe" file name !
    I only found it when I was looking for an upgrade to Expression Web 2 (which I purchased earlier for exactly the purpose you describe)
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 03-15-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by kevsim View Post
    I have been asked by a friend if I could maintain his web site that was not built with Fusion.
    He wants some pages altered and added as well as normal updates for his business on the existing pages.

It would be appreciated if somebody could provide the information if it can be done and any tutorial available.

kevsim
    URL of the site would be helpful.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kevsim View Post

kevsim
    Hi There....

Notepad and FileZilla................

Have a Great Day....