Thread: mysterious text links that appear after site published

Default mysterious text links that appear after site published

I have just published a revamped version of my website. On each page, certain common words are underlined and colored [just like the text links I DID create]. These mysterious links, if selected, go to a generic search page concerning the 'linked' word.

For example, a sentence I wrote: "each suite has high-speed internet access ..." The words "high-speed internet" are colored and underlined as if I had made the words a text link. If you click on these words, you get a pop-up search-type page with three links to "high-speed internet". ARGH!

Is there a way to protect my site from these intruders?

Thanks!

Marcar

Quote Originally Posted by marcar View Post

Is there a way to protect my site from these intruders?

Thanks!

Marcar
    Without a link to your site I cannot be certain, but sounds to me like you've installed a toolbar that does this. Post a URL and then we can see if it is local to your PC or a global issue.

In the meantime, run a GOOD anti spyware program to see what is lurking, uninstall any unnecessary toolbars (all of then IMHO) and make sure you're running damned good AV software.

HTH

thank you. I just did as you suggested and have removed all the mysteriuos links from my site. Hopefully other people don't have the same issue.