Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nof stops working in windows 8

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Just FYI Essentials is a very old program; it's the old NetObjects Fusion 7. When you install a later version (eg, 12) it will install into a different directory but there may well be windows files with the same name albeit years apart in development. If you don't overwrite those files then NoF12 may be trying to use those old files which were developed back in 2003-ish (I doubt they've been updated from the old v7) and thus you must expect trouble occasionally when 12 tries to access them. OTOH, if you do overwrite them when installing 12, you can probably expect to break Essentials for the same reasons.

Frankly, I'd lose Essentials and then do a complete clean install of v12, overwriting any common windows files.

Just my thoughts. I run v8, 10, 11 and 12 alongside one another without any major issues (although I have long gotten into the habit of saving a site I'm working on every time I do something major to it. I just hit Save every so often (like when updating large tables) so I don't lose a lot of work when and if it crashes.
    Hi There......

Essentials sure as Hell SHOULD Coexist..... with the rest of the World..... Something Is Busting the OPs Install Registry.... What else could it be?????

If(Big If) the OP finds the missing Apps on the Apple emmulater... What the Hell Is He Gonna do then????? Hand Register them on His Win8 Machine........ Lots a Luck Doing That.... He Seems to think he solved the Problem......Have a Great Day

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JKZimm View Post
    Well, "close but no cigar"

I tried a full uninstall of NOFXII and Essentials. Erased their folders. Did the cold restart. Installed NOFXII. Absolutely no change. The .dll's I thought were missing are in fact installed, so the problem has to be they failed to register - but not sure what that means. NOF tech support has a list of the .dll's that did not register, so maybe they can come up with something. For now, I may have to set up my iMac alongside my Windows machine when i need to do some NOF work.

Hi There....

Well Good for you for trying.... But DON'T GIVE UP..... It's Got to Eventually Install Correctly.... Maybe Win8 Uninstall and reinstall again.... Why does it work perfectly on my win8 64 bit and not Yours????? Is your win8 64bit V 32bit???? did you update win7 or virgin install win8???? Mine is a virgin win8 64 bit install..... Come On... You don't Wanna go back to Apple...... They(Apple) are nothing but a big emotional Scheme to get Your $$$$$$$

Have a Great Day.........

I can't get Essentials to install on my windows 8 laptop. It unzips the install package, and then leaves a box stating its removing all the temp files. It won't go past this. I've tried multiple times, deleted file and re-downloaded. I've changed the compatibility options (tried both Windows 7 and XP service pack3) and I've run it as the administrator. I'm not sure what other options I have. I've read good reviews of this product, but I can't use it if I can't install it. A bit frustrated, would appreciate any help. Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gfischer View Post
    I can't get Essentials to install on my windows 8 laptop. It unzips the install package, and then leaves a box stating its removing all the temp files. It won't go past this. I've tried multiple times, deleted file and re-downloaded. I've changed the compatibility options (tried both Windows 7 and XP service pack3) and I've run it as the administrator. I'm not sure what other options I have. I've read good reviews of this product, but I can't use it if I can't install it. A bit frustrated, would appreciate any help. Thanks
    Hi There......

Essentials is Terrific..... Very Powerful... That said... It might not be win8 Friendly????? But I installed Essentials on my win8 Desktop....
    Turn off ALL your Firewall(s).... Get off the internet.... and try to install again.... Also when you Unzipped you should see an exe file.... which you click on for the install... If you don't see this... You probably have a BAD Unzip

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    Hi There......

Essentials is Terrific..... Very Powerful... That said... It might not be win8 Friendly????? But I installed Essentials on my win8 Desktop....
    Turn off ALL your Firewall(s).... Get off the internet.... and try to install again.... Also when you Unzipped you should see an exe file.... which you click on for the install... If you don't see this... You probably have a BAD Unzip

Download Essentials exe Here ....

Shaking my head here. While spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure put why NOFXII won't run in a stable condition, I have looked at and downloaded 6 other products - demo versions that are feature rich (some of which i subsequently purchased), and every one runs flawlessly on my machine. And if I buy the regular version, each costs much less that NOF. I have been of the opinion it is my machine that is causing the problem, but why is it every other product has no issues? And when I see the last update to NOF was 11/29/2011, I begin to wonder to what degree this program is maintained.

Not trying to bash here - as they say, "nothing is impossible for the person that does not have to do the job". And I really hope my problems can be resolved - hopefully tech support will come to the rescue.

Heh heh Bronco - I never give up. And mine was not a virgin Windows 8 machine. It was a new machine with Win 7 installed and I upgraded to Win 8, and I suspect that is part of the problem. As for Apple, no thank you! I ran their stuff for over 2 years. Stable as a rock, but I so hate the dictatorial environment you are held captive in. And having returned to the world of Windows, I am impressed by its stability as compared to the bad old days of Vista!

Anyway Bronco, thank you for all your help! Much appreciated!

Cool

Heh heh Bronco - I never give up. And mine was not a virgin Windows 8 machine. It was a new machine with Win 7 installed and I upgraded to Win 8, and I suspect that is part of the problem. As for Apple, no thank you! I ran their stuff for over 2 years. Stable as a rock, but I so hate the dictatorial environment you are held captive in. And having returned to the world of Windows, I am impressed by its stability as compared to the bad old days of Vista!

Anyway Bronco, thank you for all your help! Much appreciated!
    I'm on dialup..... I just BROKE NOF12........ Most of the time I run NOF12 NOT connected to the internet..... I Publish to local Win server (xampp)..... Well I connected to the Net and tried to Download their FREE Templates offered when NOF12 starts...... I Clicked on the free download and NOTHING happened ie NO Free Download... So I said the hell with it and started to test my nods in NOf12.... After 30 seconds..... BOOM Win12 shoots me a Message NOF12 has stopped Running.... ie the free download attempt BROKE NOF12 on my win8 Machine......... I had to reboot to get out of it..... NOF12's free download company is shooting out Lethal scripts that is BREAKING the system...

Would You try running NOF12 off the net to see if this solves your Problem.......

Thanks and Have a Great Day.....
    Last edited by Bronco Billy; 03-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Cool

Shaking my head here. While spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure put why NOFXII won't run in a stable condition, I have looked at and downloaded 6 other products - demo versions that are feature rich (some of which i subsequently purchased), and every one runs flawlessly on my machine. And if I buy the regular version, each costs much less that NOF. I have been of the opinion it is my machine that is causing the problem, but why is it every other product has no issues? And when I see the last update to NOF was 11/29/2011, I begin to wonder to what degree this program is maintained.

Not trying to bash here - as they say, "nothing is impossible for the person that does not have to do the job". And I really hope my problems can be resolved - hopefully tech support will come to the rescue.

Hi There....

I Too Have the same concerns about NOF...... And have tried several other trial versions... Have you found any as powerful or more powerful than NOF??? If you have I Too will buy the Product... Could you Share Your Winner......

Thanks and Have a Great Day....

Same problem here. Tried to remove all remains of Essentials. Also removed NOFXII. Essentials did not un-install correctly, and left its stubs in registry, but removed its files. Un-install of Essentials from Control Panel now just complains about files missing (no kidding). Un-install and re-install of NOFXII multiple times with cold boots and power off(s) did nothing to improve.

Waiting on Technical Support to give a method to clean Registry and all remnants of the program and then maybe a fresh install of NOFXII will work properly and not abnormally crash.

I run Win8 Pro, 8GB RAM, VAIO T-Series (touch screen), 381 GB free on Disk Drive. So no hardware/resource problem I can see.