Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nof stops working in windows 8

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hkvp70 View Post
    Same problem here. Tried to remove all remains of Essentials. Also removed NOFXII. Essentials did not un-install correctly, and left its stubs in registry, but removed its files. Un-install of Essentials from Control Panel now just complains about files missing (no kidding). Un-install and re-install of NOFXII multiple times with cold boots and power off(s) did nothing to improve.

Waiting on Technical Support to give a method to clean Registry and all remnants of the program and then maybe a fresh install of NOFXII will work properly and not abnormally crash.

I run Win8 Pro, 8GB RAM, VAIO T-Series (touch screen), 381 GB free on Disk Drive. So no hardware/resource problem I can see.
    Hi There....

OK... Dam Glad you Posted....Hope the OP Comes back also.....Here's my latest Theory......First Uninstall NOF 12 Again.... Your System should be Mostly NOF(12,Ess) FREE.... Now Reinstall Essentials.... Essential should now install cleanly on Win 8..... I am assuming you updated from win7 to win8 and had essentials installed in win7 during the update to win8...... Now Uninstall the clean Win8 essentials...... This SHOULD clear the leftover Register Problems... Now Install NOF12.... You Now should be Good to GO!!!

Luck

As I said before Essentials is now about 10 years old; pre- Win 8; pre-Win7; pre-Vista. If you reinstall it make sure you Run as Administrator and I'd advise running in XP compatibility mode.

Another alternative which is the one I use for very old software, is to run in a VMWare virtual machine.

I still have been unable to resolve my NOFXII issues in spite of very prompt replies and suggestions from technical support. I am wondering if others run NOFXII successfully under Windows 8. In other words, "is it just me"?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JKZimm View Post
    I still have been unable to resolve my NOFXII issues in spite of very prompt replies and suggestions from technical support. I am wondering if others run NOFXII successfully under Windows 8. In other words, "is it just me"?
    Hi There Again....

Again Yes I am running nof12 win8 virgin install Dam near flawlessly and VERY Happy with it..... I believe it is your update from win7 to win8 is your problem...... Try This and report back...

Hi There....

OK... Dam Glad you Posted....Hope the OP Comes back also.....Here's my latest Theory......First Uninstall NOF 12 Again.... Your System should be Mostly NOF(12,Ess) FREE.... Now Reinstall Essentials.... Essential should now install cleanly on Win 8..... I am assuming you updated from win7 to win8 and had essentials installed in win7 during the update to win8...... Now Uninstall the clean Win8 essentials...... This SHOULD clear the leftover Register Problems... Now Install NOF12.... You Now should be Good to GO!!!

Luck

I have a new Windows 8 laptop, not upgrade from 7, and still have the same issues. Out of curiosity, what version of Internet Explorer are you running (I have 10). Also, are you running NOF's native java or external - if external, what version? Is yours a dedicated development machine or are you running other software as well?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JKZimm View Post
    I have a new Windows 8 laptop, not upgrade from 7, and still have the same issues. Out of curiosity, what version of Internet Explorer are you running (I have 10). Also, are you running NOF's native java or external - if external, what version? Is yours a dedicated development machine or are you running other software as well?
    Win8 64 Bit Standard(NOT Pro)...
    Explorer 10....
    NOF native Java....
    Running Lots of Other Apps..... Ie. NOT Dedicated....

I Have dialup and RUN OFFLINE.... Try Running OFFLINE....
    Do You Have 64 Bit.....
    I Built the Machine and loaded ALL the Software including Win8 64bit....

If NOF12 doesn't Run on ALL Win8 Machines.... It's a SHOW STOPPER for NOF....

Anything else???? Just ASK....

I too am having the same problem with NOF 12 and new windows 8 64 bit touchscreen Dell system. At first, I thought it had to do with the auto save directory. But now, anytime I change pages or go to any menu selection other than save or publish, it shuts down with the error message.

Quote Originally Posted by insight3fl View Post
    I too am having the same problem with NOF 12 and new windows 8 64 bit touchscreen Dell system. At first, I thought it had to do with the auto save directory. But now, anytime I change pages or go to any menu selection other than save or publish, it shuts down with the error message.
    I just did a new clean install and have the same problem continuing. There must be something with the settings on these new windows 8 machines that is causing a bad install. I hope someone has some solutions.

Thanks,

Have a look at this thread: forums.netobjects.com/showthread.php?15104-Crashes-may-be-over-for-me

This has been an issue for some since NOF11. Back then it usually resulted when you had a tablet installed. Since Win 8 is a "touch" OS, I suspect these are turned on by default.

Have a look and see if turning this off helps.

Since this is now a problem for almost everybody (and not just me ), NO is working on a fix.

Edit: I should clarify: Working on a fix for NOF2013. I doubt this will be done for NOF12.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Have a look at this thread: forums.netobjects.com/showthread.php?15104-Crashes-may-be-over-for-me

This has been an issue for some since NOF11. Back then it usually resulted when you had a tablet installed. Since Win 8 is a "touch" OS, I suspect these are turned on by default.

Have a look and see if turning this off helps.

Since this is now a problem for almost everybody (and not just me ), NO is working on a fix.

Edit: I should clarify: Working on a fix for NOF2013. I doubt this will be done for NOF12.
    Thank you very much! Worked.