Thread: Re downloading nof 9

Default Re downloading nof 9

Hi
    Been using NOF 9 for ages but recently had to start using a new win 7 PC as the old winXP pc broke. I have a backup template of my site because I was using a USB hard drive so I can still access all my files and backups from that. However when I try to install NOF 9 on my win 7 pc from the original DVD for which I still have a ser number I give up after about 2 hours as its still extracting the files. I've tried twice so I would like to ask does anyone know if I can download NOF 9 from NOF as all the downloads seem to be updates not the full thing, and anyway does it actually work on Win 7

Yes but you need to install it as an administrator and give it the proper permissions for it to run. Versions of Fusion older than the latest one write to protected areas of the computer that Microsoft windows has not allowed since the Vista release.

This tutorial should help you out. It is for installing the free version but the process is the same (except you don't need to wait for the email of the free version's serial number)

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4036
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

That's great but where can I actually download it from as my DVD doesn't want to work and the NOF download section only shows NOF9 updates

Quote Originally Posted by thurgobob View Post
    That's great but where can I actually download it from as my DVD doesn't want to work and the NOF download section only shows NOF9 updates
    As far as I know NetO does not have any of their products available outside of the normal sales channels.

You can contact them directly and ask

http://support.netobjects.com/

I do not know if they support a product that old any longer. Version 12 is the current product
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Okay so now at the fourth attempt NOF9 loaded correctly today without problem from the dvd.
    When it says "Start programme" I pressed no
    Right clicked on NOF icon and set as started as administrator only, also went into the exe file in windows and checked the same but I think it does the same thing anyway.
    Programme loads and appears normal except;
    Help does not work as it says its not supported in this version of windows (win7)
    The template I made from the old XP machine (My old PC is now useable by the way as it was the power supply that had failed) will not load, it says "this is not a valid NOF file".(I did a save template full site and it shows as a zipped folder.
    I have been back into my old pc gone into NOF 9 re-saved a full template and copied it across by pen drive and tried again but exactly the same.
    Looks like I might have to start from scratch
    Any ideas??

Problem solved I appear to have a full site with all 72 pages and have saved it as a .NOD. Dont ask what I did different this time but something seems to have made it work.
    Thanks
    Bob

I also have a problem to find the installation for NOF9, My cd is damaged beyond repair and customer support referred me to this forum? Does that mean I need to find a kind soul out there that will upload his copy for me to download?