Thread: NetObjects Mosaic functionality in the next NoF release.

Default NetObjects Mosaic functionality in the next NoF release.

A question for Steve Rubenstein. I've been looking at the Mosaic site and it stands up well against other sites such as jingo.me and others. However, I'm not interested in a cloud based bureau application. Will the Mosaic functionality be integrated into the next NoF release? Or are you basically shelving NoF in favour of a cloud services model of web development?

Hmmm.... You ask that like those are the only two options. There is always the possibility (likelihood) that both will continue as separate products.

Although, I, too, would like to see that sort of capability rolled into NOF, I'm not sure how the "widget" type of functionality gets built into a desktop application though.

Wait! Here comes the answer............................................ .................................................. ..............

P.S. Wouldn't we rather have some sort of "responsive design" publish option?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Ray, Mosaic goes a long way towards responsive design. At the moment it requires a redirection script (or .htaccess file) but a lot of the functionality is slanted towards mobile design. NoF needs the functionality that is in Mosaic, as well as the capacity to generate viewport meta data, fluid grids, etc. At the moment, no wysiwyg code generator has this sort of capability. There are a number of responsive boilerplates available (I'm using '360 and up' for a project at the moment) but the site needs to be developed in a code editor rather than a code generator. Being able to import these into Nof would be a great start and it shouldn't be too much of a reach to make this a reality. There are a number of code editors that can work with boilerplates; my favourite at the moment is Oracle's NetBeansIDE - definitely for the code professional but also can be used as a great learning tool. There are others also, BlueGriffon handles html5/css3 rather well and has a wysiwyg tab so you can see the result of your code. NetBeans has a connector for Chrome so Chrome can be used to display the result of the code.

It's been some 15 years since I last wrote code to develop a full site and it's kind of interesting learning to do it all over again