Thread: Fusion XII install says Flash not installed when actually it is.

Default Fusion XII install says Flash not installed when actually it is.

I just downloaded version 12.0 and am trying to install it in Window 7 Pro SP1 64-bit. However, I am getting the following error:

To run NetObjects Fusion 12.0, you must first install Adobe Flash Player on your local hard drive.
    Please download Adobe Flash Player from:
    [snip]
    NetObjects Fusion 12.0 installation. If you choose to continue
    installation, the flash components and flash photo gallery will not work.

The problem is, I have Adobe Flash installed and this is confirmed by going to the Adobe Flash site http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ which says "You have version 11,1,102,55 installed". According to the chart located on that page, this version is the latest version available.

What to do?

Regards,

Dan

Make sure you have Flash Player installed for Internet Explorer. Not just for another browser.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. You are right, Flash was installed for the browsers I use (Firefox and Chrome) but not IE. Starting IE and going to the Adobe About Flash page started the install. Once that was done, NetObjects installed.

Sorry for the late response but I was on vacation for a couple of days.

Regards,

Dan

I have this same problem. New machine, Flash wasn't installed for IE. I ignored the error and went ahead and installed XII anyway (I have had to change computers from where my install was), and of course, flash did not work. I figured that I could install Flash afterward, which I did. But NOF still doesn't work. Both IE and Firefox work as expected, the Adobe site reports that Flash is installed and working. But flash components in the site do not show up when working with NOF, and in preview, they don't show up, either. I sure don't want to publish anything without fixing this! Do I have to reinstall NOF, now? Or is there a fix for this? And if I have to reinstall, can I just do an overwrite, or do I have to uninstall and reinstall?