Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home page will not display in Google Chrome or Safari

Default Home page will not display in Google Chrome or Safari

I uploaded our website using NetObjects Fusion 8 (after importing it from an earlier version) years ago. For a long time I thought everything was fine. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but for quite a while now the Home page won't display in Safari or Google Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this?

URL? Always helps if we can see the offending page.

A URL, please?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Sorry! It's www.imagenex.com (and yes, I know it's in some serious need of updating, but in the meantime, I'd like to fix it)

You're using Fixed Layout. Try switching to Dynamic and republish.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks for the suggestion, Chuck. I was pretty sure it was already in Dynamic (that's what it was showing for me), but I selected Dynamic and republished anyway just to be sure. Unfortunately, I still have the same results. It is only the home page that won't display in these two browsers - if you type in the full address to another page on the site, it displays fine. Any other suggestions?

The other pages aren't published fixed. Only your index page it looks like.

Could you be publishing your home page with a different name or file extension and the server is showing the old one you published fixed?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

This is strange... I definitely made sure on the home page that Dynamic was selected. I don't think I could be publishing with a different name or file extension since anytime I make changes, it shows them on Explorer and Firefox.

I also discovered something else when I was playing with the Dynamic stuff earlier.... if I disable the action (where the What's New banner flies in), then the home page doesn't display in IE either. So I tried deleting that banner all together and got the same result - no home page on any browser. Could these issues be related?

I just fixed it! The action doesn't show up in any browser except Internet Explorer, but that doesn't matter. All I had to do was click the box 'Object initially visible in browser' on the home page layout under actions - I'm not even sure how that was unchecked lol

An action with that fly-in banner was the next possibility. That's what's forcing the fixed layout.

Glad you got it working.

Now... update that site!
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums