Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2013 is avaiable

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post

*Mike - what the heck kind of site IS that huge sucker??? That's crazy!

~Kitty
    That's my Fusion killer. Site was started in Fusion 1 and migrated all the way to Fusion 5 when I decided to serve it from a database (it was out of Fusion 5 within a month of that product's release). Now the current site only has 7 display pages but still shows over 1000 pages of content from the database

Since Fusion 4 it has primarily been a test bed to try to break new releases.

To be honest. I did not have high hopes of directly importing a site exported in Fusion 5 directly into the new product. It has never been successful in the past, needing to go through 7 then 10 before even importing into the 11 and 12 product but I always give it a go to put the stress test to a new product.

The HTML code default output is HTML 5 and even that old table based site rendered with divs and HTML 5 coding.

I am still trying to get it to choke but so far not even a cough.
    Last edited by gotFusion; 04-30-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

i think I'll wait. Wait to see more users using it and letting us know how they got along with it. I can't tell you how many times I've had to reimport sites into 12 from their saved templates because fusion screwed them up, I don't feel like giving up any money at all if this kind of crap continues into 2013.

In the past to me I've always found it a pain in the butt to try to import a site from an older version and get anything out of it that was usable to where it wouldn't have been along the same amount of time to rebuild the site instead and the times that I did get into trouble with it, the advise was always the same "be better to just rebuild the site using the existing assets", which is not my reasoning for buying a new version.

If the reviews by real users turns out to be that it's a great upgrade then they can expect my money post haste, if not well... Money in my own pocket and continue workng with 12.

Coyotes 0, Zeus 2. HaH! Mountain-dog, keepin' away all the hoo-do's and who-don't's near Yosemite!

Yes, the latest ver. sounds too enticing to pass-up. But the real question is, does it give you a clean shave! You're pretty clean shaven on your member photo.

Is the slider the only JQuery app? No lightbox? No html5 video? And any sign of responsive web design features? eg, viewport meta, eg fluid grids, adaptive images, responsive content markup?

Fusion has had tools that use jQuery for a while. It's just never been advertised as such before this new version.

The "slider" in NoF 2013 is an open source one that first came out in 2006.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

At least it looks like the stock jQuery is up to v1.8.2. That should help with compatibility with other jQuery scripts.

The slide is this one: http://sorgalla.com/jcarousel/

There are many things I wonder about this version. I'll probably wonder for a few weeks, then just buy it to find out.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

a rural property North of Melbourne, Australia

Question

Been a long time coming. My initial comments:-

The Netobjects website information on the new 2013 version is seriously lacking. Is a first time user going to buy this product when information on what you are getting for your money or what has been added is very vague.

Like how many templates does it come with and where are the pre-views.

How about a tick list comparing 2012 to 2013.

As Franco said where is the Lightbox, Html 5 Video, etc. Are any of these covered with the JQuery?

Google Maps, Google Analytics drop ins or do we have to add the raw html?

What I am really saying is come on the website information or lack of it sucks and however good the product is we need the information so we can decide.

Look at Mosaic pages they have a little bit more info but you can not find out how much it costs do I have to buy 2 products to cover mobile and PC or is mobile covered in Fusion 2013 with some suitable templates.

PS. After being rather negative I thought I would go and read the documentation/help but alas it's not on the website. Is it going to be web based or is it a Help File included with the product?
    Last edited by echoshack; 04-30-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

Hey Mike,

Looking around on the www.netobjects.de site and guess what I didn't see
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Well, it is common experience, that german versions are announced later...
    Support at German Community-Forum
    http://www.nof-community.de

It's not how we start. It's how we finish.

Does anyone know if the new version will publish directly to Yahoo SFTP?