Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2013 is avaiable

Quote Originally Posted by dsolmes View Post
    Does anyone know if the new version will publish directly to Yahoo SFTP?
    It is on the publish options list in publish view settings

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by echoshack View Post
    Been a long time coming. My initial comments:-

The Netobjects website information on the new 2013 version is seriously lacking. Is a first time user going to buy this product when information on what you are getting for your money or what has been added is very vague.
    Good grief, I agree! Very amateurish indeed. Demo/screenshots and all that you mentioned. It's annoying.
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

I thought the same when I looked at the new version web pages. There's not enough information and even the NOF documentation stops at 12.
    I can't help feeling they need to get their acts together when they're announcing a new version.

Downloaded, installed (without any issues) and already playing with. This thing is fast!

Switched from page view to site view - first crash. Reopened ok without any issues. As I have long since gotten into the habit of saving site after completing any major work (or every 15 minutes or so) I'm not too fazed by this. It's what's happened with pretty much every version I've used (and that's pretty much every version - I did skip v2).

Checked the meta tags box in site view to see if they'd slipped the viewport meta in there, but no such luck. Have to still add it manually, together with redirection scripts for smartphones and tablets. PITA because it means creating 3 sites instead of one.

Generally seems to work ok and I really do like the html 5 Css3 output as default. 'Course, the sites won't work on IE6 but anyone who's still on that will be used to sites not working for them by now.

Three crashes in as many minutes. Almost every time I try and switch between view, fusion crashes (stops working and closes rather than freezing). At the moment it would not be workable with which is a real pity as I haven't had a chance to view the output code yet 'cos I haven't been able to get that far.

Core i7 2.93 GHz 64 bit
    8GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
    Last edited by franko; 05-01-2013 at 04:04 AM.

Same here, in fact crashes becoming more and more frequent.

Don't know how you can tell its fast if it won't stay open long enough to DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Three crashes in as many minutes. Almost every time I try and switch between view, fusion crashes (stops working and closes rather than freezing). At the moment it would not be workable with which is a real pity as I haven't had a chance to view the output code yet 'cos I haven't been able to get that far.

Core i7 2.93 GHz 64 bit
    8GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5570 video card
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
    I guess this is the reason people like me hold off from jumping back into the NOF experience. Looks like I wait for updates before trying again as I can't go through the NOFX11 experience again.

Don't know how you can tell its fast if it won't stay open long enough to DO something!
    No crashes here at all, so far.
    Even older templates were imported flawlessly.
    After the first impression (pretty quick) we´ll go into further testing......
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

and I just bought WoW Slider

Quote Originally Posted by vickiejeanc View Post
    and I just bought WoW Slider

that is good, because Wow Slider leaves the Nof version for dead and it works excellent in Nof 2013

the Nof Slider has only two effect options, horizontal and vertical slide, no dissolves

also, adding images in the Nof slider is cumbersome, one at a time