Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fusion 2013 is avaiable

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    No crashes here at all, so far.
    Even older templates were imported flawlessly.
    After the first impression (pretty quick) we´ll go into further testing......
    Nor with me, either. So far, so good. MY AV software is Norton 360.
    Last edited by Kenfriedman; 05-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    Ken Friedman
    Author of books about WW-II.

Quote Originally Posted by antonsvideo View Post
    that is good, because Wow Slider leaves the Nof version for dead and it works excellent in Nof 2013

also, adding images in the Nof slider is cumbersome, one at a time
    Hi Anton,

I agree Wow Slider has far more options that NoF's new one, however, I have just added 10 slides at once - just click the add button, go to folder where slides are, select all and BINGO! in they go.

it works now, I swear it failed when I tried the first time

btw, the property button for display time is back to front

the up arrow decreases time instead of increasing, it should be the other way around to match the rest of Nof
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton-0179.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	1386  

As a relative newcomer I would appreciate some specific operating instructions rather that a transfer to previous versions. Also, where to the downloaded templates go? Seemingly not in the template folder!!! Lastly, what is different with version 2013 other than the front page?

Quote Originally Posted by crocodilator View Post
    As a relative newcomer I would appreciate some specific operating instructions
    Lastly, what is different with version 2013 other than the front page?
    LOL. Anyone?
    Until then, click on GotFusion.com

Default viewport

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Downloaded, installed (without any issues) and already playing with. This thing is fast!

Switched from page view to site view - first crash. Reopened ok without any issues. As I have long since gotten into the habit of saving site after completing any major work (or every 15 minutes or so) I'm not too fazed by this. It's what's happened with pretty much every version I've used (and that's pretty much every version - I did skip v2).

Checked the meta tags box in site view to see if they'd slipped the viewport meta in there, but no such luck. Have to still add it manually, together with redirection scripts for smartphones and tablets. PITA because it means creating 3 sites instead of one.

Generally seems to work ok and I really do like the html 5 Css3 output as default. 'Course, the sites won't work on IE6 but anyone who's still on that will be used to sites not working for them by now.
    I'm using Nof 12. I have been trying to put in the Viewport tag and it is simply not working at all. You said you got it to work in nof 2013? How did you get it to work? Do you have the example of the site it worked on so I can look at it? I would upgrade to nof 13 because I hear it is faster. I like outputting the code in html 5. Both are great but I need this viewport thing to work.

Fusion does not support responsive web design yet. You can add the viewport meta tag through the html button in the MB properties box but without support for media queries, fluid grids, etc it isn't going to do much. Right now, I'm building 2 or 3 versions of a site and using .htaccess and/or javascript to redirect the browser to the appropriate site. PITA and I'm only doing it if I get paid to do it (except for my church which I'm working on right now).

If you want to build a responsive site, you have to do it by writing the code manually right now. I don't know of any code generator program which will support responsive design features [I]and[I] output html 5/Css 3 as yet. If I find one, I'll buy it assuming it's not priced the way Adobe prices.