Thread: Fusion 2013 system requirements?

Default Fusion 2013 system requirements?

Does anyone know if Fusion 2013 will run on XP or if it requires Win7?

It runs beautifully on XP.

hi Guys,
    I am a very happy NOF user in Sydney, Australia, and over 10 years have had great success with our web site NOF v 4.0 selling clothing.
    I have recently purchased NOF2013 and it looks great with the work I have been doing so far.

But, editing pages the NOF2013 is operating very, slowly between actions...I have checked User Forum, but could not find solution.
    I have to wait 2 minutes for saving, changing pages while editing...and lots of crashes, with messages indicating an ÚNSTABLE file.

My tech advisor suggested that I upgrade the computer to Intel i7, as I am using i3.

My older NetFusion 4.0 program used to be very speedy with this computer with 500 product pages, but even though I have reduced to 400 pages it is too slow to manage and wait. All other programs on this computer are okay, only Net Fusion being too slow.
    I don't really want to buy another computer for $1,000.00 so asking for your suggestions to trial.

I cleaned up all the Unused Assets, and this helped to improve the performance.
    I have reduced the number of product pages.(deleting older products) to reduce files.

Am I missing a simple solution..? I find it hard to believe the program is performing poorly. Any tips?

www.corporate.com.au

Thank you, Gazzaly

How did you get your Fusion 4 site into 2013?

v4.0 is positively ancient, so depending on how you migrated the site, the slowness in 2013 is likely a result of bringing the site from 4.

You're better off creating the site from scratch in 2013.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

hi ChuckJ, thanks for the reply on the System requirements query.
    Just very difficult to rebuild the web site from scratch as it has been built up over a ten year period.
    I tried to upgrade a few times but when I saw how much trouble other users were having with upgrades I didn't want to risk messing up the web site as it was performing so well with sales and enquiries.
    But I take your advice...I think I will rebuild the web site.
    Cheers, gazzaly

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    How did you get your Fusion 4 site into 2013?

v4.0 is positively ancient, so depending on how you migrated the site, the slowness in 2013 is likely a result of bringing the site from 4.

You're better off creating the site from scratch in 2013.

You didn't answer chuck's question about how you brought the site into 2013. If you simply opened the nod file then that is likely the cause of the problem and, unfortunately, unless you exported a template first or at least have a recent backup then your only recourse is to rebuild the site from scratch. Seriously, it won't take that long as you have all the assets, the style, etc already there.

The correct way to upgrade a site is to export a template and then, in 2013, to create New Site From Template in the File menu. it's the only way to upgrade an NoF site (been that way since '96). If you did do this and are still having problems I'd start checking first for any 3rd party scripts or components which would be positively ancient by now.

Let us know how you go.

Hello Franko, thanks for your comments...fellow Australian!
    Well, regarding my export of the NOF4 into NOF2013 my English IT friend did the export and it has created a lot of problems for me...I have actually done a tremendous and tedious amount of work to delete old pages, create new product pages, clean up the Assets etc, and reformatting all the text as it appeared a few points smaller in NOF2013...it has taken days of work in the office....but the site itself is okay, looks great, and appeals to our customers....its just that it takes 2 minutes to open pages, upload, or do anything....I appreciate your comment that I could build the site again from scratch....but would you consider that if I upgrade the computer from i3 to i7 it might just overcome the performance issues. Thank you for expertise. Gazzaly

Hello Franko, I thought about your suggestion to rebuild the site.
    ...thought I would test 'saving the existing file (example, CP12) in NOF13 as a template....then, imported the template (CP12) into a newly named NEW SITE file, CP14.

Wahoooo!...the file opened up reasonably quickly and I could navigate from page to page efficiently...all I had to do was adjust the 'STYLE' banner...and it appears I may have to tidy up some text that looks inconsistent, but I think I may have overcome the slow running problem...now, this is going to make a big difference!
    Thanks again for considering and making the template suggestion.
    Gazzaly

No worries mate. Glad I could help. Always best to do things the correct way in the first place