Thread: Initial Impressions

Default Initial Impressions

OK, so the NO have gone the whole "metro look". Ho hum.

Still doesn't look like we'll be getting a 64 bit version any time soon.

Already had 3 crashes just trying out the new templates. This is on 64bit Win 7 ultimate. Windows compatabilty advisor suggests it be run as XP SP2.

Given the new features I would have expected some documentation, but there bis no manual and clicking the documentation button in Online View takes me to http://netobjects.com/html/documentation.html

New templates have a decidedly Wordpress Theme look about them.

Verdict so far - underwhelmed.

OK, now to try building a functional site.

(edit)

Crash number 4

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Fusion13.exe
    Application Version: 13.0.0.5055
    Application Timestamp: 517bd7cc
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
    Exception Code: c015000f
    Exception Offset: 000843f9
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Last edited by 1FugleyKiwi; 04-30-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FugleyKiwi View Post

Already had 3 crashes just trying out the new templates. This is on 64bit Win 7 ultimate. Windows compatabilty advisor suggests it be run as XP SP2.

Crash number 4

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Fusion13.exe
    Application Version: 13.0.0.5055
    Application Timestamp: 517bd7cc
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
    Exception Code: c015000f
    Exception Offset: 000843f9
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Running 64 bit 7 pro here with 2 xeon quad core processors and 16 gig of ecc.

What are you using for a video card?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

AMD Radeon HD 6400 HDM,

Looks like crash might be down to dodgy dll, replaced and no further crashes. Building site as we speak (type).

My first impression, is that why that Metro start page... I hate that.. it just does not feel right in that place.
    I seem to have some smaller issue with SFTP uploads, as it hangs in test and uploads sometimes so that I have to kill it via Taskmanager on Windows 7.
    The positive feel I have is that it runs smoother than the last 3 versions and is quicker.
    Need to play around with it now. This was just the first impression after 30 minutes.

Just jumping in after seeing an email about the new NOF. They're lauding new templates as one of selling points. Having used the programme can you give me your thoughts on what the new templates look like?
    And, how you're finding the programme after a little bit of use?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyhunter View Post
    My first impression, is that why that Metro start page... I hate that.. it just does not feel right in that place.
    I seem to have some smaller issue with SFTP uploads, as it hangs in test and uploads sometimes so that I have to kill it via Taskmanager on Windows 7.
    The positive feel I have is that it runs smoother than the last 3 versions and is quicker.
    Need to play around with it now. This was just the first impression after 30 minutes.
    The online view comes from the Neto servers and has been served from Neto for almost 10 years now.

They can change the opening page on every piece of software when ever they please just by changing what their server feeds to every program when it starts.

As to your freezing secure FTP. Fiddle with the advanced settings on your remote profile. The default port in Fusion is 22. Ask your host what SFTP port you should be using and change it on the advanced SFTP properties palette
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Do not need to ask my provider, it is my server and in 12 it is still working fine.
    Once the SFTP started working I am able to use it until I closed NoF and started it again
    Need to dig deeper in here..
    At the end feeling wise the start page just does not feel right in there for my taste. It does not matter if it is hard coded or served. Just my penny, as the rest of the GUI I do like much more than what was in 10-12. Sometimes even v 1.0 looked nicer.. getting of track there..

Quote Originally Posted by tinyhunter View Post
    Do not need to ask my provider, it is my server and in 12 it is still working fine.
    Once the SFTP started working I am able to use it until I closed NoF and started it again
    Need to dig deeper in here..
    At the end feeling wise the start page just does not feel right in there for my taste. It does not matter if it is hard coded or served. Just my penny, as the rest of the GUI I do like much more than what was in 10-12. Sometimes even v 1.0 looked nicer.. getting of track there..
    I did a tutorial on how to put in a custom (local stored) opening page way back when the original NetO company declared bankruptcy so that when their servers went dark the program would still run. I have not looked at it since 2000. I honestly don't dislike the current feed enough to go to the bother of putting something else up on the software to look at since I only see the online view for a few seconds after the program starts and I select a project to work on

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    I did a tutorial on how to put in a custom (local stored) opening page way back when the original NetO company declared bankruptcy so that when their servers went dark the program would still run. I have not looked at it since 2000. I honestly don't dislike the current feed enough to go to the bother of putting something else up on the software to look at since I only see the online view for a few seconds after the program starts and I select a project to work on
    Till no it never bothered me, I do agree it that it does not bother me that much in the sense I do not spend much time on it either. Still for me first impressions count very high and some programs I tested over the years, where dropped due to things like that.
    Never the less, never give up, never surrender that easily. I have always found ways to get around things since version 1.x and I still using NoF ;-)

I am unable to find this option in the version of Whatsapp called YO Whatsapp and tried to find but I didn't because I don't know in which area in settings this feature of YO Whatsapp is assemble...