Thread: Hangup up trying to install NOF 2013

Default Hangup up trying to install NOF 2013

I downloaded NOF 2013 yesterday and started the installation procees. It hung up trying to register components. It ran for almost 5 hours. I shutdown my system last night.

When I started my system this morning, I opened NOF 2013, and imported a NOF 12 website successfully. NOF 2013 seems to be running OK. Just to be safe, I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling it again. Should I?

Opinions, anyone???

TIA.
    ------------------------------------
    Ken Friedman
    Author of books about WW-II.

I'd run with it for a while. Do some playing around. Export your work (if it is a live site) to template often in case the install was not full but if it opens and runs it should be fine, just be safe and backup to template regularly.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfriedman View Post
    I downloaded NOF 2013 yesterday and started the installation procees. It hung up trying to register components. It ran for almost 5 hours. I shutdown my system last night.

When I started my system this morning, I opened NOF 2013, and imported a NOF 12 website successfully. NOF 2013 seems to be running OK. Just to be safe, I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling it again. Should I?

Opinions, anyone???

TIA.
    Hi Kenfriedman,

I saw this once during our testing but like your situation, I reboot and Fusion ran flawlessly. I would let it run for now, please let me know if you do encounter any issues.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

I downloaded NOF 2013 yesterday and started the installation procees. It hung up trying to register components.
    Same problem with me. I rebooted and it started up ok. Time will tell if there are problems, I suppose.
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

I installed
    then tried to run it
    got error msg
    bad serial ##
    had to re install
    hope works
    doing it now

reinstall worked
    got it running
    looks like win 8 = all tiles to start

argh

hope program is ok
    Last edited by TheeDragon; 05-15-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: more info

Default Is it worth persevering with Fusion?

It ran for almost 5 hours.
    TIA.
    I cancelled my installation after about 30 mins of looking at the initial install image.

Can someone explain to a dabbling web developer why this program takes so long to install? What is it doing?

I miss the days of plain old html and ftp transfer. Is Fusion going to give me any advantages over working with Wordpress tools?

Yes! In my mind all Wordpress sites look pretty much alike (and I build custom wordpress themes). With NoF you have complete control over layout which means you can build individual, unique sites for your clients. No template driven CMS (WP, Joomla, Drupal) can give you that.

I was around in the days of html 3 and CSS was just a sparkle in some geek's eye at W3. Life was definitely simpler then, but just look at what you can do on the web with html 5 and css3 now that would have taken a massive flash or java application previously to approach.