Thread: Why No PayPal Option and why does price change?

Default Why No PayPal Option and why does price change?

I have tried to purchase the upgrade version today which is advertised for £54.50. Before logging onto my account the price including VAT is clearly shown as £64.86, yet once I have logged into my account the price then asks for £77.18 yet it is clearly advertised as £54.50, so even by adding 19% tax you only get £64.86 so why a £12.32 difference when I'm trying to purchase the upgrade version?

I ask my mother to purchase she is in Portugal it says $74.95 which equates to £48.78 and even PayPal is an option! The trouble is she can't purchase as the form has no entries for the countries or State/County so won't allow her to proceed!!

So lots of difference in price for an upgrade but totally lacking website to purchase from after being a customer purchasing since 2003 I feel that I may pass on this version as after the really poor and feeble support two years ago I started using a competitors product which is priced very reasonably with good fast support and allows purchases through PayPal no matter where you are in the World and does not try and rip you off if you have purchased numerous versions previously.

Default NOF2013 GBP Pricing

Hi Tim.

We clearly had a problem with the way our website was handling the price in Pound Sterling. The price of the upgrade should be £64.86 including VAT. I understand your irritation and apologize for your inconvenience. Because we advertised the price at £54.50 we will refund the difference to everyone who already purchased NetObjects Fusion 2013 and paid in Pound Sterling.

I will address the PayPal matter with asknet, it was my understanding that PayPal is accepted universally.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate our error.

Steve Raubenstine
    CEO

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick response, I haven't purchased as of yet, would you be able to advise when PayPal is showing here in the UK and I will purchase?

Many thanks. regards

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Raubenstine View Post
    Hi Tim.

We clearly had a problem with the way our website was handling the price in Pound Sterling. The price of the upgrade should be £64.86 including VAT. I understand your irritation and apologize for your inconvenience. Because we advertised the price at £54.50 we will refund the difference to everyone who already purchased NetObjects Fusion 2013 and paid in Pound Sterling.

I will address the PayPal matter with asknet, it was my understanding that PayPal is accepted universally.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate our error.

Steve Raubenstine
    CEO

Good support from Steve who has sorted everything out, now downloaded, installed and a quick test all looks good. Thanks very much for the vastly improved customer service compared to two years ago. Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

What about those like me who might have been attracted by the £54.50 offer but on seeing the addition pricing didn't proceed to purchase?
    When you get an email offering a certain price it's off-putting to see a completely different price on the website.

In fact it was a 'here we ago again moment'. Some of us have been taken for a ride in the past and old memories lie hard.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    What about those like me who might have been attracted by the £54.50 offer but on seeing the addition pricing didn't proceed to purchase?
    When you get an email offering a certain price it's off-putting to see a completely different price on the website.
    Just purchased at the site price of £64.86 (£54.50 plus VAT)

Items for sale to end users in the UK must show the price inclusive of VAT. NO presents UK price excluding.

At least this time it isn't the massive difference in base price from the US price that it has been previously.
    NOF 2013: (AU1)......Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (Build 7601:SP1)
    Mac OSX 10.8.3.....Parallels Desktop 8 (8.0.18483)
    iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel Core 2 i5.....12Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3