Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Fonts

Just a comment (pet peeve) about using web fonts. Drives me crazy when people (have to admit, usually women) use the "girlie/swirly" fonts on their blogs simply because they can. Can't read 80% of them!
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

Now that the web fonts offer some actual usable font choices beyond the web safe few... why doesn't NOF show a font sample as you scroll down the list (dare I say, like every other program in existence)? Without that, choosing a new font becomes a rather absurd exercise in trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by LBA View Post
    Now that the web fonts offer some actual usable font choices beyond the web safe few... why doesn't NOF show a font sample as you scroll down the list (dare I say, like every other program in existence)? Without that, choosing a new font becomes a rather absurd exercise in trial and error.
    Good point!
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by LBA View Post
    LBA,

Great idea, I've submitted this as a feature request.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    First an aside: I figured out what the heck was happening on the "Online View" when you first open the program. When you click on a box, say, "SiteStyles" or "Food/Faces/Buildings" or "Web fonts", the page you go to has stuff available to download and incorporate into NOF. When you click on a font or an image or a sitestyle, you get a green checkmark thingy to let you know it's downloaded OG WhatsApp.

So maybe I'm getting old, but I had no clue what was going on. I had stuff with a green check mark that I had "activated", and I wondered how to uncheck it to "de-activate" it.

Anyhoo... on to web fonts. So presumably when I'm editing a page, highlight some text and go to the Font drop-down list in the Text Properties Panel, I am seeing available web fonts.

So how do I know if I am selecting a web font?
    What if I don't want to use web fonts, and just want to use browser fonts to keep my site streamlined?
    How do I add more web fonts to NOF from Google?
    Can I add web fonts from Fonts.com?
    Thank you so much for starting this post which i really like to read...

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    First an aside: I figured out what the heck was happening on the "Online View" when you first open the program. When you click on a box, say, "SiteStyles" or "Food/Faces/Buildings" or "Web fonts", the page you go to has stuff available to download and incorporate into NOF. When you click on a font or an image or a sitestyle, you get a green checkmark thingy to let you know it's downloaded. YOWhatsApp

So maybe I'm getting old, but I had no clue what was going on. I had stuff with a green check mark that I had "activated", and I wondered how to uncheck it to "de-activate" it.

Anyhoo... on to web fonts. So presumably when I'm editing a page, highlight some text and go to the Font drop-down list in the Text Properties Panel, I am seeing available web fonts.

So how do I know if I am selecting a web font?
    What if I don't want to use web fonts, and just want to use browser fonts to keep my site streamlined?
    How do I add more web fonts to NOF from Google?
    Can I add web fonts from Fonts.com?
    I really liked reading this post, Thanks for sharing !