the NOD file on older computer
    get error msg on DL

any one want to try and fetch this:

www.topgun DOT com/gold

thanks

ps
    have NEVER tried to fetch/rip a site before
    hope this is an easy syntax issue

You can use a program like HTTrack to rip/copy a site to your hard drive. Since it is your site, you could also just use an FTP client to download everything.

From there, if you need to re-build the site from scratch, you can use the raw materials (images, text, etc.) to re-create it in Fusion.

Don't expect NOF to create a functional NOD file from an existing web site. It doesn't work very well.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Export a template from the old computer where the site project database is located. Then import the project database into the new computer/install

You might want to read these older threads about the Fusion database project file:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post44946

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post41423
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

ok - already ripped the folders down using FTP
    now what?
    make new website from hard drive?
    hm m m m .
    almost worked
    had many broken assets , etc =
    will play with it later
    just been hand coding the corrections with notepad++

thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    You can use a program like HTTrack to rip/copy a site to your hard drive. Since it is your site, you could also just use an FTP client to download everything.

From there, if you need to re-build the site from scratch, you can use the raw materials (images, text, etc.) to re-create it in Fusion.

Don't expect NOF to create a functional NOD file from an existing web site. It doesn't work very well.
    old computer = kaput

What is the URL of the site?

If it is a small site (under 50 pages) it will be much faster to start all over again.

When you get the site back together export the site as a template as outlined in this tutorial

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

Then the next time you have computer problems you can rebuild the entire site with 3 mouse clicks using the method outlined in this tutorial

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

thanks
    this time
    I just edited the html by hand
    it was a rare time . . . I used a table to present data
    4 colums / 40 rows
    a little tedious / but all done

even though I am AVID file back-up person
    as NOF changes is default locations so often
    I missed some ;(

thanks !

even though I am AVID file back-up person
    as NOF changes is default locations so often
    I missed some ;(
    I'm wondering what you mean by this? You choose where to keep your user sites when you install NoF and you can change that at any time. All my sites are on RAID redundant physical hard drives. You can also choose where you keep your site backups and autosaves (mine are on the same redundant physical drives as the user sites) and they are backed up to an external hard drive.

The only time that NoF to the best of my knowledge has changed default locations has been with the introduction of Vista and successive windows versions and that was a change enforced by windows.

Default Old Assets - Remain!

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I'm wondering what you mean by this? You choose where to keep your user sites when you install NoF and you can change that at any time. All my sites are on RAID redundant physical hard drives. You can also choose where you keep your site backups and autosaves (mine are on the same redundant physical drives as the user sites) and they are backed up to an external hard drive.

The only time that NoF to the best of my knowledge has changed default locations has been with the introduction of Vista and successive windows versions and that was a change enforced by windows.

I know just about every faulty nuance of fusion and this is neither a fusion BUG or MS one.

Before you export or save as your fusion site check out your assets, sort them in order and look for assets on alternate drives and locations, this can be a result of past re-installs to NON primary drives or just fetching assets from non-primary drives, and if there is a bug its typically the fusion program moreso then even Microsoft.

Duf