Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dropdown menu not working when publishing html5

Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    I did export to a template.

In the test link below you will see that I tried to illustrate the issue about if it is the master border it does not work and if it is not in the master boarder it works. I put another navigation bar at the bottom of the home page and it works and at the top it is in the master boarder and it does not work.

Click here

Gary
    Hi Gary,

Temporary workaround while I research this:

Locate LayoutRegion5 in your page and select it. From the CSS Editor type the following:

Code:
    overflow: visible;
    I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Thanks Adam,

That works.

I did give you wrong information before. I do have the navigation bar in a layout region. Sorry about the wrong info.

Gary

Thanks Adam,

That works.

I did give you wrong information before. I do have the navigation bar in a layout region. Sorry about the wrong info.

Gary
    Hi Gary,

No worries. I am still looking into this and will update you when I have found something.
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Remember the problem we used to have when a javascript object was in the way of the flyout menus? I noticed that the source code on your published page is exact positioning(nof postioning) could that be causing a problem? It may be that the layout page will not allow the flyout to push past it? I'm no tech just wondering is all.

Raymond

Cool

The behavior of the navigation bar is very odd and repeatable on my system. It does not seem to be a jQuery issue.

If I put the navigation bar in the master border the flyouts do not work. If I move the navigation bar out of the master boarder it works fine.

This site has been moved from NOF12 by way of a template. I deleted the Navigation bar and re-created it in NOF2013 and I got the same behavior.

As an edit it works if I publish with tables but not with html5. If it is outside the masterboard it works with html5 publish.

Gary
    Hi There....

I Had a Similar Problem with THIS using NOF12.......... I DELETED ALL 3 NAV BARS Then I Rebuilt them One By One Top, Left, and Right......... All Is Copasetic Now...... Hope You Like the Rolling Stones.....

Luck and Have a Great Day.........

Hope You Like the Rolling Stones.....
    I sure do; I should do. I went to school wiv Mick and knew them when Viv Prince (The Pretty Things) was gigging with them. It was then Mick, Keef and Brian. I grew up on R&B listening to dudes like Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I sure do; I should do. I went to school wiv Mick and knew them when Viv Prince (The Pretty Things) was gigging with them. It was then Mick, Keef and Brian. I grew up on R&B listening to dudes like Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry.

I Didn't Know Mick Went to School...... He Hides It Well..................