Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crashes may be over for me

Cool Crashes may be over for me

Following on with some PMs with Adam, looks like my touch screen may have been the culprit. I am using a samsung DP700 Series AIO PC.

I don't use touch screen (keyboard is closer than screen) and didn't have drivers installed, but Win7 still had it activated.

Unticked check box as per graphic and have been merrily clicking away without crashing.

Off to gym, will get stuck in to new site after that and report back.

hopefully this will be of help to one or 2 others having problems.

Cheers

david
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fixed.png 
Views:	648 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	1382  

Well, I'm not using any touch screen devices so that doesn't help me, I'm afraid. Glad you've got if fixed.

Hi franko,

Go check anyway. I just looked at my partner's laptop, NO touch screen, BUT the box was ticked. If its ticked on yours, untick and see if it helps.

Cheers

David

Well, Shiver me timbers and call me Ned. My flabber is well and truly ghasted!

That box was indeed checked and unchecking it did indeed do for me what it did for you. Why on earth would windows have checked it when it's on a custom built workstation that doesn't have any touch screen devices? Another Windoze snafu to record. What a stupid OS it is. Why doesn't everyone move to an intelligent, proven OS like unix an consign Microsloth to the dustbin of history (to quote Trotsky).
    Last edited by franko; 05-03-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Excellent
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr_Burns.png 
Views:	559 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	1384

A couple of years back, Paul and I discovered that having a tablet installed activated this feature set in Windows. This would cause the NOF process to continue running even after closing, and created some instability. After a long day of NOFfing, you could have several NOF processes all running, eating up resources, and causing increased instability.

I wonder if this is the same issue still haunting NOF?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Another Windoze snafu to record. What a stupid OS it is. Why doesn't everyone move to an intelligent, proven OS like unix an consign Microsloth to the dustbin of history (to quote Trotsky).
    I do not have that feature listed, even though I have a touchscreen desktop. Go figure! NetObjects runs the best on my iMac in a windows 7 emulator!

Quote Originally Posted by JKZimm View Post
    I do not have that feature listed, even though I have a touchscreen desktop. Go figure! NetObjects runs the best on my iMac in a windows 7 emulator!
    It should be there... What operating system version are you using (home, pro, etc)? It may not be listed in your W7 emulator but should be in a standard windows 7 OS install

NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    It should be there... What operating system version are you using (home, pro, etc)? It may not be listed in your W7 emulator but should be in a standard windows 7 OS install

It's NOT There in Win8....... MS probably defaulted to On because of initial Panels Etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    It's NOT There in Win8....... MS probably defaulted to On because of initial Panels Etc.....
    Wouldn't know. Don't have windows 8. Don't plan on getting it either.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz