Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Hi GAng,

I have been using NOF 8 for several years now, although only in a basic form! as i am a bit of a thicko regarding site building! Any way my old computer crashed and i have been unable to update my sites as i did not want to loose all my work

I am now thinking about purchasing NoF 13 and i have three questions!
    1 do I buy the Full Version or
    2 should I just get the upgrade for nof 8

And 3 ( the all important one to me)
    Is it possible to download my sites from the net using NOF! and if so how do i go about it my host is 1 and 1 if that is relevant lol

If you could put it in lay mans terms i would appreciate it lol

Many thanks for all your help. and please dont larf too much at me lol

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    Hi GAng,

I have been using NOF 8 for several years now, although only in a basic form! as i am a bit of a thicko regarding site building! Any way my old computer crashed and i have been unable to update my sites as i did not want to loose all my work

I am now thinking about purchasing NoF 13 and i have three questions!
    1 do I buy the Full Version or
    2 should I just get the upgrade for nof 8

And 3 ( the all important one to me)
    Is it possible to download my sites from the net using NOF! and if so how do i go about it my host is 1 and 1 if that is relevant lol

If you could put it in lay mans terms i would appreciate it lol

Many thanks for all your help. and please dont larf too much at me lol

Regards

Paul
    If you have been exporting your site to template regularly you can rebuild it in any version with 4 mouse clicks.

See this gotFusion tutorial for full details on export/import

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17

If you have not..... It is best to start with a blank site and just do it all over again... THEN when you get it finished export it to a template so that you can rebuild it with 4 mouse clicks next time you get in this fix.

As far as installing an update or full version... Do you have the SN/key for any previous full NetO products? If you do, you can use an upgrade and enter an older SN during install. If you do not, then you need a full version as an upgrade requires a previous version SN to be entered during the upgrade/install routine

what is the URL of your site online so we can see how much you have to rebuild?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

The short answers are:

1. No

2. Yes (you will need the serial number from your NOF 8)

3. Errrmmm...

If you do a cursory search of the forum, you will see many threads about the "New Site -> From Existing Website..." function. (In NOF2013 it is "Import -> Web Site..." )

Unless you have a backup of your .NOD file, you will be looking at recreating your sites from scratch. You can use a tool like HT-Track, or even an FTP program, to download your existing site files to you hard drive. You can then use the text and images as the content to rebuild your site.

NetObjects Fusion is an HTML Generator. It takes the layout you create, and generates the HTML when you click "Publish". Going backwards is not so easy a task. I always say, it's like taking a cake and trying to extract milk and flour and eggs. You can try it. If your sites are fairly simple, you might get something that only requires a little bit of fixing. Generally, it is faster -- and cleaner -- to simply re-build.

HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in