Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to publish

Default Unable to publish

I just upgraded to Fusion 2013. After building a new site, I went to publish it and get a Fusion 2013 error "JDK not installed!!" I used the same settings as with prior versions of Fusion to publish my sites, but can't seem to get this done. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by stuartm2032 View Post
    I just upgraded to Fusion 2013. After building a new site, I went to publish it and get a Fusion 2013 error "JDK not installed!!" I used the same settings as with prior versions of Fusion to publish my sites, but can't seem to get this done. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this?
    Hi stuartm2032,

Can you try shutting down NetObjects Fusion 2013, then opening your website back up. Try to publish now. Please let me know your results.

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

I've run into this 3 times so far. Each time it publishes properly after shutting down and relaunching.

Laurence, do you have a touch screen or tablet?

Check this thread and see if you have this setting turned on.
    http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...be-over-for-me
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Ray, I do have a tablet but never use it. I just turned the tablet setting off. Will see if the error occurs again.

Laurence

I have a tablet also but I have also deactivated the touch screen control in windows features. The two aren't related in any way; a tablet is usually a USB device that uses its own driver and doesn't rely on the touch screen/tablet control in windows. That is actually (typically) misnamed; it's really for touchscreen devices (including touchscreen tablets) but not for tablets such as the wacom. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, but a couple of years back, Paul and I discovered that installing a tablet will often activate this setting. It's not all touchscreen functionality. Part of this feature set allows you to do things like virtually sign documents, hand write notes and convert to text, etc. with your tablet.

We found that when we quit NOF, the NOF process did not completely quit or release resources. After a day of working, we would have 4 or 5 instances of NOF processes showing in the task manager. Not actual running programs, just the background process. Stability went down as instances went up.

I don`t know if this is still the case, but might be worth considering in light of the Aussie Issue with this setting.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Yes, but a couple of years back, Paul and I discovered that installing a tablet will often activate this setting. It's not all touchscreen functionality. Part of this feature set allows you to do things like virtually sign documents, hand write notes and convert to text, etc. with your tablet.

We found that when we quit NOF, the NOF process did not completely quit or release resources. After a day of working, we would have 4 or 5 instances of NOF processes showing in the task manager. Not actual running programs, just the background process. Stability went down as instances went up.

I don`t know if this is still the case, but might be worth considering in light of the Aussie Issue with this setting.

FWIW.............................................. .......................................

It is My Humble Opinion..... NOF "Automatically" Running Multiple Instances is the CRUX of Most of the problems in Recent NOF Reincarnations...... Until They "FIX" This We are All Screwed......... Because I Have DialUp I Run NOF12 Mostly OffLIne and Have Very Few Crashes..... When I Run NOF12 Online I Have the Same Crashes Most are Bitching About.......... And Most of these Crashes end up running Multiple Instances as indicated by Taskmaster.....

I'll check that out later. In the meantime it would seem the solution is to go to Processes in windows and manually kill any fusion.exe processes after exiting NoF, correct?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I'll check that out later. In the meantime it would seem the solution is to go to Processes in windows and manually kill any fusion.exe processes after exiting NoF, correct?
    When it Screws Up.... I use Taskmaster to remove ALL Instances of NOF12...... Then I Reboot.... Everything comes back Mostly Intact...... Meaning I Might lose a Miner last Edit...

I Think what's Causing the Problem is NOT the NOF12 Generator but That GOOFY Download Service that NOF Contracts.......
    Last edited by Bronco Billy; 05-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.