Thread: Any of the requested functionalities?

Default Any of the requested functionalities?

Since NetObjects has stopped providing trial versions, the only way I can find any information on the new release is to ask here.

Looking at the web site, the only real reason I can see for upgrading (and admittedly it's a darn good one) is the html5/css3 output.

I'm wondering if any of the repeatedly suggested features have been incorporated into 2013? eg, is there yet a CMS funtionality? This has repeatedly been a leading request from users for years

Has the e-commerce component changed in any way. ie, is it in any way usable yet or do we still have to keep handing off to store applications such as Miva (if you can afford it) or ZenCart (if you can spare the time to learn to implement it).

Does 2013 now remember which web site it has open so that when you go to place an asset it opens the assets folder for the site you're working on rather than the one that was open when you last closed NoF?

There were many other solid suggestions from users over the last few years v12 has been out. Yet it seems that there's nothing in the latest release that really pushes NoF into the leading group of web development tools. It's still really only for personal home pages and newbie designers, not for professional developers. The only way I can really see using it going forward is for quick site map layout. Maybe, just maybe, as it's using CSS3 output, it may be good for developing a site template from which you can import the Style Sheets into a style sheet editor (or better yet, a real development environment like NetBeans IDE) for editing into a responsive design. I'll try that when I can justify buying NoF 2013. (If only there were a trial version.)

To answer my own questions - no, no, no. The lack of a real CMS (I know all bout cushy, snippetmaster and the others) is a major hurdle as almost all clients I've had in recent years have requested this.

Hey Franko,

It's time to re-evaluate ones web development direction. I get so amny requests for different features and functionality. Hey even the simple 2 pagers want a form with captcha and rolling banners!. NOF12 couldn't cut it, without extra great effort. I had to start working with Joomla & Wordpress to be competitive (ie pay he bills)

Sorry guys at NOF. From the famous quote on the popular TV show "Shark Tank" (US) or "Dragons Den" (CDN) - I'M OUT

Hope it helps

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bubu View Post
    Hey Franko,

It's time to re-evaluate ones web development direction. I get so amny requests for different features and functionality. Hey even the simple 2 pagers want a form with captcha and rolling banners!. NOF12 couldn't cut it, without extra great effort. I had to start working with Joomla & Wordpress to be competitive (ie pay he bills)

Sorry guys at NOF. From the famous quote on the popular TV show "Shark Tank" (US) or "Dragons Den" (CDN) - I'M OUT

Hasta la vista bubu.........

Hope it helps