Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Previewing page (using local publish)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default Previewing page (using local publish)

    Why doesn't the font style that I'm using show up when I publish the page locally (or preview w/NOF)? Never had that problem before. Not a good thing to upload my updated website, only to see it for the first time that the text/font looks dumb.

    Am I missing something? Do I need additional something or other?

    Thanks!
    ~Kitty
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

  2. #2
    Administrator Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Why doesn't the font style that I'm using show up when I publish the page locally (or preview w/NOF)? Never had that problem before. Not a good thing to upload my updated website, only to see it for the first time that the text/font looks dumb.

    Am I missing something? Do I need additional something or other?

    Thanks!
    ~Kitty
    Hi Kitty,

    Can you let me know what font you are using?

    Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

  3. #3
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Can you let me know what font you are using?
    Take your pick Adam, played with a handful...
    -Coming Soon
    -The Girl Next Door
    -Arvo

    Thanks
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Alrighty... guess it's back to v.12. I can't work with something that I have no idea what it looks like before I go live.

    My livelihood depends on what I use to do my work with. How that product works for me to get MY work done in a timely manner and my user experience influences me on whether I use it or not. Of course the support that I get (or not) along the way if I need it will also influence my use of that product.

    If trying to figure out the program takes me longer that the time I need for my project, and additional work is piling up in the meantime, you can be sure that I will not continue using that product.

    If I was as unresponsive with my clients as you are with yours, I would not be as busy as I am. I would not be making money.

    Admittedly, I will continue to use NetObjects in spite of the lack of support, or documentation, or demos, because I am totally comfortable with it and know what I'm doing. Bought version 2013 in the hopes of some cool changes. Not impressed. Don't need the aggravation.

    ~Kitty
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

  5. #5

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Alrighty... guess it's back to v.12. I can't work with something that I have no idea what it looks like before I go live.

    My livelihood depends on what I use to do my work with. How that product works for me to get MY work done in a timely manner and my user experience influences me on whether I use it or not. Of course the support that I get (or not) along the way if I need it will also influence my use of that product.

    If trying to figure out the program takes me longer that the time I need for my project, and additional work is piling up in the meantime, you can be sure that I will not continue using that product.

    If I was as unresponsive with my clients as you are with yours, I would not be as busy as I am. I would not be making money.

    Admittedly, I will continue to use NetObjects in spite of the lack of support, or documentation, or demos, because I am totally comfortable with it and know what I'm doing. Bought version 2013 in the hopes of some cool changes. Not impressed. Don't need the aggravation.

    ~Kitty

    Everything You Said is True......... You Might consider using Xampp which is a Windows based Local Server...... You can then Publish to Xampp and be able to See Everything EXACTLY as if It were Published to your Remote(Live Server).......

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Oh dear - quick look at Xampp and looks like way too much programming/technical info. Not my thing - which is why I use NOF!

    Thanks for the suggestion BB.

    ~K
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Alrighty... guess it's back to v.12. I can't work with something that I have no idea what it looks like before I go live.

    My livelihood depends on what I use to do my work with. How that product works for me to get MY work done in a timely manner and my user experience influences me on whether I use it or not. Of course the support that I get (or not) along the way if I need it will also influence my use of that product.

    If trying to figure out the program takes me longer that the time I need for my project, and additional work is piling up in the meantime, you can be sure that I will not continue using that product.

    If I was as unresponsive with my clients as you are with yours, I would not be as busy as I am. I would not be making money.

    Admittedly, I will continue to use NetObjects in spite of the lack of support, or documentation, or demos, because I am totally comfortable with it and know what I'm doing. Bought version 2013 in the hopes of some cool changes. Not impressed. Don't need the aggravation.

    ~Kitty
    What I would suggest is to make a copy of a NOF-12 WebSite that you know how it works, looks, etc and open it in NOF-13 then publish and check each page looking for thing than went wrong.
    That is what I did so back to using NOF-12 until fixed.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LPenn View Post
    What I would suggest is to make a copy of a NOF-12 WebSite that you know how it works, looks, etc and open it in NOF-13 then publish and check each page looking for thing than went wrong.
    That is what I did so back to using NOF-12 until fixed.
    Maybe I shouldn't have written my last post in this particular thread that I began about the new "web fonts" in v.13.

    My issue is that I cannot see the "web font" style that I choose to use on my site, either by publishing locally, or using the "preview" in NOF. Can't see how it fits, is lined up, whether it looks good or even if the size is what I want. Can't tell a darn thing until I publish it *live* on the website. Not very professional. (I'm emphasizing "web font" in particular because this didn't happen with the 'standard' fonts)

    That's what I meant LP. Thanks for taking the time to offer me a solution though.

    ~Kitty
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

  9. #9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't have written my last post in this particular thread that I began about the new "web fonts" in v.13.

    My issue is that I cannot see the "web font" style that I choose to use on my site, either by publishing locally, or using the "preview" in NOF. Can't see how it fits, is lined up, whether it looks good or even if the size is what I want. Can't tell a darn thing until I publish it *live* on the website. Not very professional. (I'm emphasizing "web font" in particular because this didn't happen with the 'standard' fonts)

    That's what I meant LP. Thanks for taking the time to offer me a solution though.

    ~Kitty

    Publish to your Remote Server in a SUB Directory that the World Can't SEE......... E.g. Publish to....... www/Kitty/ForKittysEyesOnly/ ........ Any Hacker Would Dare NOT to Open this Folder.....................

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Harley Town USA
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    Publish to your Remote Server in a SUB Directory that the World Can't SEE......... E.g. Publish to....... www/Kitty/ForKittysEyesOnly/ ........ Any Hacker Would Dare NOT to Open this Folder.....................
    hahaha... ya, sure BB.
    The biz http://ink2art.com
    Giving it away since 1995... http://fullmoongraphics.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •