Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: No help or documentation found NOF 2013

  1. #1

    Thumbs down No help or documentation found NOF 2013

    I just purchased NOF 2013 and cannot find help/documentation either on-line of in pdf file. Where are the help files please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member RayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish, Canada
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    NO have stated here that documentation is coming as well as some tutorials to highlight some of the new features. I think they were rushing to get the new version into the hands of users that were clamoring for CSS3 and HTML5.

    In the meantime, for 99% of what NOF does, the previous documentation for v12 (online) or V11 (PDF) should get you there.

    If you're new to NOF, I highly recommend working through the Getting Started Guide for v11. It walks you through a basic website design step by step, and will give you a good feel for how NOF works.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    NO have stated here that documentation is coming as well as some tutorials to highlight some of the new features. I think they were rushing to get the new version into the hands of users that were clamoring for CSS3 and HTML5.

    In the meantime, for 99% of what NOF does, the previous documentation for v12 (online) or V11 (PDF) should get you there.

    If you're new to NOF, I highly recommend working through the Getting Started Guide for v11. It walks you through a basic website design step by step, and will give you a good feel for how NOF works.
    Yes, there were many users clamouring for CSS3 and HTML5 but not for the programme's documentation. Come on, don't make excuses for a shoddy situation. Releasing a programme as technical as NOF2013 without proper documentation is a poor show.
    Seriously, should someone buying this programme have to revert to NOF11 and 12's documentation?

    Jim

  4. #4
    Senior Member RayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto-ish, Canada
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    Hmm... not making excuses, just stating facts and trying to help.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Hmm... not making excuses, just stating facts and trying to help.

    I think they were rushing to get the new version into the hands of users that were clamouring for CSS3 and HTML5.
    It looks like you're actually excusing the situation to me and whilst I appreciate you're trying to help you wrote you're just stating facts? Facts? Are you actually privy to the real situation or was this just your slant on things?
    No offence intended.

    Jim

  6. #6

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    It looks like you're actually excusing the situation to me and whilst I appreciate you're trying to help you wrote you're just stating facts? Facts? Are you actually privy to the real situation or was this just your slant on things?
    No offence intended.

    Jim
    The Man Said I THINK........ Does that NOT Imply That He was Speculating..... Hell...... Speculation is All Any of Us Can Do when We are NOT Privy to Insider Information.....
    Last edited by Bronco Billy; 05-09-2013 at 02:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Member bburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Hi Jinker

    Yes I know its a pain, as I brought V12 and was kind of lost for stuff mate

    However the people here are GREAT and very helpful, and NOF is well worth the effort to learn, its a HUGE time saver

    I have not brought V13 as yet but am sure I will in the future, persist mate its well worth the effort

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    The Man Said I THINK........ Does that NOT Imply That He was Speculating..... Hell...... Speculation is All Any of Us Can Do when We are NOT Privy to Insider Information.....
    No actually he said; "just stating facts". That is not speculation Bronco Billy at least not where I'm from. Thanks for jumping in I'm sure he appreciated your insight?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bburgess View Post
    Hi Jinker

    Yes I know its a pain, as I brought V12 and was kind of lost for stuff mate

    However the people here are GREAT and very helpful, and NOF is well worth the effort to learn, its a HUGE time saver

    I have not brought V13 as yet but am sure I will in the future, persist mate its well worth the effort
    Cheers, and yes I have had help from this forum in the past which was appreciated. However, it isn't the forum this is really aimed at.
    Which company launches a new version (or new product) without up to date documentation? Not like they didn't have time to prepare. When was the last version launched or updated?
    The NOF series has been failing for a while and imho this is indicative of one of the reasons. Just my pennyworth.

    Jim

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Well I as going to jump and buy 2013 but after reading the forums here it does look like there are to many bugs to deal with.. I have a business to run on NOF12 and if 13 is buggy and no documentation that really wont sit well with me so we will wait. And if it doesn't improve adios NOF for good. But I am willing to hang out and wait I do like the program and feel its a good bang for the buck and yes 12 does have a few quirks that don't thrill me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •