Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NO 13 Import changed links into yellow rollover links.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    Hi Mike,

Is this what you published from NOF2013 or is this your regular site published in an older NOF. I suspect this is the older publishing. The links do not have roll overs. I would like to see a published page from 2013 to have a look at the css etc on it.

Gary
    His Header says Ver8.......... NOT Ver12................ NOT Ver13......... ????????????????????

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE> Slide Guard</TITLE><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="NetObjects Fusion 8 for Windows"><style type="text/css" media="print">
    BODY { display: none }
    </style>

If you drag a project through the versions, sometimes it keeps the original generator in the source code....
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    If you drag a project through the versions, sometimes it keeps the original generator in the source code....
    Does This Imply That There is NO GAIN in Performance of the Older Version Site when One Imports a Site From a Lower Version to a Higher Version............... If This is True..................... It is USELESS to Upgrade to a Higher Version Unless One STARTS OVER Over from Scratch.....................

It´s not the performance, it´s just the generator tag ...META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="NetObjects Fusion 8
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Thanks Mia I was just writing this when I saw you basically said the same thing. I though I would still go for it.

I have sites that I originally did in version 8 and if you publish them in 12 they still retain the generator tag from the version that they were done in unless you make the change.

Gary

By the way I know quite a few webdesigners who delete the generator tag, first thing they do....

Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    Hi Mike,

Is this what you published from NOF2013 or is this your regular site published in an older NOF. I suspect this is the older publishing. The links do not have roll overs. I would like to see a published page from 2013 to have a look at the css etc on it.

Gary
    When I found out the rollovers were yellow, I went back to 12 and published without the yellow rollovers. I then deleted the 13 site (yellow rollovers) and then imported the 12 back in 13 and no yellow rollovers, (Idon't know why) but still cannot change the color links or get the links to rollover in 13.

That page is published with 13

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    By the way I know quite a few webdesigners who delete the generator tag, first thing they do....
    So in other words, the tag does nothing except let someone know what you used to build the site?

Default Doctype ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    His Header says Ver8.......... NOT Ver12................ NOT Ver13......... ????????????????????

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE> Slide Guard</TITLE><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="NetObjects Fusion 8 for Windows"><style type="text/css" media="print">
    BODY { display: none }
    </style>
    I agree with Mr. Double B.
    If the doctype sets the code output how can this be from 2013?

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Website Design Software: NetObjects Fusion 2013</title>
    <meta charset="ISO-8859-1">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
    <meta name="Description" content="NetObjects has been helping small businesses transition successfully to the online world, both directly and through global customers, since 1995. Our Website Design Software applications have garnered over 75 awards and eleven patents; we've licensed over 10 million copies of our web design product NetObjects Fusion and it has become the backbone of millions of small business Web sites. ">
    <meta name="Generator" content="NetObjects (http://netobjects.com)">

Just curious, please explain.
    Kind Regards
    Donald

Hi Donald,

I am not certain what you are asking, but, the doctype in the clip that you pasted is the doctype for html5 and version 2013 is the only version of NOF that publishes in HTML5

Gary