Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: NO 13 Import changed links into yellow rollover links.

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garydumbleton View Post
    Having concurrent instals of NOF does not cause any problems.

    Have you tried to re-intall version2013. Maybe a re-install of 2013 might be in order.

    I just did a template of one of my sites that was started in NOF 8 like yours and it was last in NOF11 and made a template in 11 and imported into NOF 2013 and I can change the links, change the templates without issues.

    If possible can you upload your template (just some pages will be OK no need for the whole site) from the older version of NOF for download and I can try it here. If you try the same template and see if the behaviour is the same that would be good. Maybe we can come to some common denominator.

    Gary
    Hi Gary,

    4 Pages loaded you should be able to down load.... 2 from NO 12 where there are no yellow rollovers and 2 from NO 13 where there are yellow rollovers. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Clos.../no_forum.html

    Now if I go into 12 and change the rollover to a color (not yellow) my NO 12 site style seems to default to yellow and after that point any site style I load has yellow rollovers and I can't seem to change them.

    Same thing with 13, any site loaded has yellow rollovers I can't seem to change them.

    What I had to do to get the 12 not to rollover is load an older backup of the site before I installed NO 13. Can these two programs be confused and sharing files? Or maybe its just a bug in my NO's

    Now with all that said this page we changed the link colors on purpose off this page, it was hard to read not sure if that goofed everything up, and I have deleted this page but still does not help with the site styles http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Que...questions.html

    Keep in mind inside both 12 and 13 you can change the rollovers and preview them but the change does not reflect what happens on the site. Its like the site style change does not talk to the site.

    Thanks everyone for helping.

    Michael

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    I had a look yesterday, with Firefox, and was wondering for start what Mike was going on about.
    The links were all blue, no yellow rollover anywhere....
    Till I clicked one link and then went back to the same page afterwards.
    And... the links ( now of course visited) had changed, the blue was slightly different and suddenly they had a yellow rollover. ( would be visited rollover)

    Very strange the whole story....
    The stranger thing is those are not the settings in NO.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    Why are you Transferring and Not Publishing???? The Manual says to Publish..... It is My Understanding that Publishing Cleans Up Dirty Files, Etc.... Where as Transferring..... Just Transfers...... I would like to see a Virgin Publish to a Clean Empty Sub Directory........
    Not sure thats always the way we have done it since the days of MX, never had a problem. That may be the next step if no one comes up with anything else.

  4. #34

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer View Post
    Not sure thats always the way we have done it since the days of MX, never had a problem. That may be the next step if no one comes up with anything else.
    To Each his Own....... But I Still Can't Fathom Why you go AGAINST the Docs and use Transfer???? The Publisher in NOF is Quite Sophisticated in Later Editions......... And Publishes the way the Generator wants the Site to be Published and NOT the way You want it to be Published.........

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    To Each his Own....... But I Still Can't Fathom Why you go AGAINST the Docs and use Transfer???? The Publisher in NOF is Quite Sophisticated in Later Editions......... And Publishes the way the Generator wants the Site to be Published and NOT the way You want it to be Published.........
    We do it like this, pic below, how do you do it?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Publish sit.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	1430

  6. #36

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer View Post
    We do it like this, pic below, how do you do it?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Publish sit.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	1430



    That Exactly How I Do it...... So what I said is NOT Your Problem...... I was Confused by the ERROR MESSAGE PICTURE you Posted Which said TRANSFER ERROR....There EXISTS a TRANSFER FUNCTION in the Drop down Menu of Publish... And I Thought you were Using It........ Best of Luck......

  7. #37

    Default

    Gary,

    I have a workaround for this. Create a new site in NO 13, import the NO 12 site (or my pages on the download a few posts above) by right clicking the new sites home page and import website/template. Now, Delete the new sites home page.


    What I am left with is the NO 12 site in NO 13 with a new site style that behavies like it should. Links are editable, site styles can be changed and link colors can be changed. I still cannot change it to my orginal site style or it gets goofed up again. I will keep playing with this and post back. Let me know what you find out with my download pages, when you get the chance.

    The only problem is fixed the new site style to something close to what we had.

  8. #38

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer View Post
    Gary,

    I have a workaround for this. Create a new site in NO 13, import the NO 12 site (or my pages on the download a few posts above) by right clicking the new sites home page and import website/template. Now, Delete the new sites home page.


    What I am left with is the NO 12 site in NO 13 with a new site style that behavies like it should. Links are editable, site styles can be changed and link colors can be changed. I still cannot change it to my orginal site style or it gets goofed up again. I will keep playing with this and post back. Let me know what you find out with my download pages, when you get the chance.

    The only problem is fixed the new site style to something close to what we had.

    Maybe Your Original site style is CORRUPT.... Reinstall NOF 12 or the NOF with the Original site style on some TEST Directory and copy the Newly generated Original site style to the New Fixed NOF13 directory and Implement It...... Luck....

  9. #39

    Default

    It could be, but we never had a problem till NO13. Also, the site style has been heavily modified thru the years and importing the site sometimes went well and other times was a pain.

  10. #40

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hammer View Post
    It could be, but we never had a problem till NO13. Also, the site style has been heavily modified thru the years and importing the site sometimes went well and other times was a pain.

    OK Then..... Build a One Page New NOF13 Site with the Original site style Implemented.... If the site styles Work then they are Clean.... If the site styles Fail Then they are CORRUPT..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •