Thread: How to delete a page problem

Default How to delete a page problem

I created a website with a Home page and 4 other pages below it named about, products, services, contact.

Then I decided I wanted to put a page "above" the Home page called Hello. So now I have Hello page, then below Hello is the Home page, and below that is the other 4 pages.

Hello just says the site is "under construction" and I was not going to tie it in to nav bar. then I decided to delete the hello page. I cannot find a way to do it.

I cannot delete it, I cannot move it in the structure ect...

I was able to mark it as "do not publish" but I would really like to get rid of it.

Any suggestion?

Every page that sits at the top of the tree ( it's usually the Home page) cannot be deleted.

You have to move the Home page again on top of the Hello page.
    In Site View grab the Home page with your mouse and move it above the Hello page, till the Hello page gets a red frame and a little red arrow on the top. Then let the mouse go.

The Hello page will slip into the second row of pages and can be deleted now.
    You can shift any page you want around, same system.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

I am having a similar problem in removing a page from a website. I imported a website from NetObjects Fusion 12 using a template, then made numerous changes to the website. After making those changes I tried to delete a page that is no longer needed and the program freezes up and has to be rebooted. I have been able to mark it as "do not publish" but I am not able to delete it.

Must be something wrong with that page.
    You could try the re-otimize function, but... it's like a sledge hammer tactic.
    Sometimes it deletes more than you wish.

I would recommend to create a template for the entire site without the corrupt page.
    Go to Site View, mark all pages except the one which gives trouble, choose the option File > Export to Template > Marked Pages only.
    And from this template you create a new site.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

I was able to relocate the page using mia suggestion. Thank you Mia.

yo WhatsApp is a most amazing and most interesting app which can be used to use dual WhatsApp at the same time without any issue, So I suggest you to download this YO WhatsApp