Thread: How to create custom menu "item"

Default How to create custom menu "item"

I am using "Site Structure" for my menus. However, I would like to add a specific custom menu item that I can link to a specific page/anchor on my site. Can I do this without making the whole menu "custom"?

I may be a bit thick this morning, but I am not sure of exactly what you want to achieve.

Anyway, have you tried to do what you want? I often find this helps.

What is so "specific" about this page that it needs a 'specific" custom menu? Don't make it hard for users to find your content.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gmeyers View Post
    I am using "Site Structure" for my menus. However, I would like to add a specific custom menu item that I can link to a specific page/anchor on my site. Can I do this without making the whole menu "custom"?

Why Not Make a Custom Menu the same as the Original Menu with the Added Specific menu item..... Then Delete the Original menu and Move the Custom menu with new item to where the Original Menu Was....... Nobody will know you did this but you and me and you will have what you want..... I won't Tell if You Don't Tell..........................

Here is an example of what I want. Let's say I have a navagation menu bar that has 6 main menu items and each has 3-7 drop-down items. These all link to the correct pages based on my site layout. All I want to do is add a custom drop-down menu item to the existing site -base menu. The custom one will go to a particular anchor on a particular page. I did not want to create the full menu as custom if I could avoid it since 99% of the menu is based on the site structure. If I designed the UI, I would add a "add menu item" option to the Navigation Bar Properties Window and this selection would let me a) give the text of the menu item and b) provide a link (either Internal or External).

Cool

Here is an example of what I want. Let's say I have a navagation menu bar that has 6 main menu items and each has 3-7 drop-down items. These all link to the correct pages based on my site layout. All I want to do is add a custom drop-down menu item to the existing site -base menu. The custom one will go to a particular anchor on a particular page. I did not want to create the full menu as custom if I could avoid it since 99% of the menu is based on the site structure. If I designed the UI, I would add a "add menu item" option to the Navigation Bar Properties Window and this selection would let me a) give the text of the menu item and b) provide a link (either Internal or External).
    Have you ever made a Custom Menu???????? It's Pretty Dam EASY..... If you have 20 Items in site Layout.... It is JUST 20 Drag and Drops..... And a Few More Clicks...... Check the Docs for NOF11 or NOF12.......

I DO understand I can make a custom menu. I am talking about a useability issue. A UI should not force you to take a long round about path to fulfill a simple function. I think this might be a common feature that others would benefit from, Remember, a menu is a navigational aid for the user and not all destinations may fit into the site structure.

Cool

I DO understand I can make a custom menu. I am talking about a useability issue. A UI should not force you to take a long round about path to fulfill a simple function. I think this might be a common feature that others would benefit from, Remember, a menu is a navigational aid for the user and not all destinations may fit into the site structure.
    That's Fine...... But Then You are in the WRONG Forum.... You should have been in this Forum NetObjects Fusion Suggestions ....... Hell I was Just trying to Solve your Problem.... Not Rewrite NOF..... If I Were King............. I would.......