Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Anybody Out There Looking For A Complete Tutorial.. Please reply to this message

Hi Mike! Yes, I am too. I guess I don't understand how they can put a product out without a tutorial or users guide. I've had nothing but problems with this software (until the latest fix) on Windows 8.

I'm with you there. Increasing sales means attracting new users and, no matter how good your software is, without documentation - and probably tutorials (though I've never used them) - you're not going to get those increased sales. In fact, word will get around that you're selling an incomplete package and that's the kiss of death for any product. In that sense, it doesn't matter what the experienced users think, the novices are much more important and must be catered for on a par with competing packages.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    as the population seems to grow more illiterate with every passing year, I guess videos will have to be produced at some stage for those who cannot read or understand the documentation.
    LOL. I don't think that's it franko. Following a video is much faster learning, that's why it's used. Next it's used for increased marketing so it would also be a good idea for NOF to get with this idea as well.

Personally I learn more quickly and much more thoroughly from a book than from a video. I guess it's a generational thing. The point is valid, though. One only has to look at the daily news on TV or read a newspaper to see that the understanding of English (I'm not speaking about other languages here as I'm not qualified to comment) is in marked decline. Many journalists are unable to form an intelligible sentence.

But this is not the subject of the thread. I apologise for digressing but I'm happy to discuss it elsewhere should anyone be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    If you are new to NOF, the old "Mountain Jacques" tutorial that was part of NOF 11 is a good introduction to the fundamentals of NOF. It walks you through the creation of an entire web site.

The Getting Started Guide (under Fusion 11) is the instructions and is available as a download from NetObjects.

Franko has very kindly stored all the tutorial files on his FTP server, as indicated in this thread.

I think that's the best you're going to get for a complete "walk-through".

Maybe if I win the lottery Sambad I'll create a video walk-through of NOF and sell it online (using OpenCart ). Maybe...
    Nice post I am happy to read it