Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Responsive Themes?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default Responsive Themes?

    I'm glad NOF updated the program. Does anyone know if responsive themes are in the works? I know the bugs will need to be worked out of this version first but maybe thereafter responsive themes might be on the radar?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member TheeDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    195

    Default

    I am curious - what are responsive themes?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Below is an article at Mashable on the subject but responsive web design allows a site to be viewed optimally on any device. I hoping NOF gets to this point soon.

    http://mashable.com/2012/12/11/responsive-web-design/

    http://themeforest.net/search?term=r...FSU6QgodpGsAHw

  4. #4
    Senior Member TheeDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    195

    Default

    thanks 78910 (need 10 characters for reply = dumb rule)

  5. #5
    Senior Member franko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    I have been agitating for this for some time. For now, I'm using RWD boilerplates and hand coding where the client requires (and is willing to pay for) responsive design. I'm looking at 320 and up and Foundation as the bases of responsive sites.

    Frankly, if NoF - or any other wysiwyg code generator - doesn't implement RWD by the end of this year, then I think they are going to be out of the market. The technology is changing too quickly and already more people (in the developed nations, anyway) are accessing the web via mobile devices than via PC.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Trimdoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I have been agitating for this for some time. For now, I'm using RWD boilerplates and hand coding where the client requires (and is willing to pay for) responsive design. I'm looking at 320 and up and Foundation as the bases of responsive sites.

    Frankly, if NoF - or any other wysiwyg code generator - doesn't implement RWD by the end of this year, then I think they are going to be out of the market. The technology is changing too quickly and already more people (in the developed nations, anyway) are accessing the web via mobile devices than via PC.
    I've got to agree with Franko here; responsive web pages are now essential.

    Over the past 12 months I've noted a much larger proportion of my various websites visitors using iPads/iPhones and various other small screen devices to access the sites. It doesn't make sense to build different versions of each site for different screen resolutions, so I've had to look elsewhere.

    BIG NOTE! I love NOF and the way it works, but a lot of my sites (as Franko's, if I remember correctly) are community based and I don't get paid for them. Rather than invest more time and money in more software, I've reluctantly started to move sites to Wordpress. The first one to be completed is the one in my sig (about 500 pages), which should be finished in a week or less (hopes!!).

    Here's an example of a simple site (work in progress) which is being transfered to a Wordpress theme: Craggs Commercials

    There are many free responsive Wordpress templates available, and while I'd be the first to agree it's not anywhere near as flexible a design environment as NOF, with a bit of customisation it suits my purposes. And it literally takes a few clicks to change the whole website theme, responsive or not.

    If NOF supported responsive design, I'd upgrade to 13 in a shot

    Ken
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 05-24-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Added example site

  7. #7

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Trimdoner View Post
    I've got to agree with Franko here; responsive web pages are now essential.

    Over the past 12 months I've noted a much larger proportion of my various websites visitors using iPads/iPhones and various other small screen devices to access the sites. It doesn't make sense to build different versions of each site for different screen resolutions, so I've had to look elsewhere.

    BIG NOTE! I love NOF and the way it works, but a lot of my sites (as Franko's, if I remember correctly) are community based and I don't get paid for them. Rather than invest more time and money in more software, I've reluctantly started to move sites to Wordpress. The first one to be completed is the one in my sig (about 500 pages), which should be finished in a week or less (hopes!!).

    Here's an example of a simple site (work in progress) which is being transfered to a Wordpress theme: Craggs Commercials

    There are many free responsive Wordpress templates available, and while I'd be the first to agree it's not anywhere near as flexible a design environment as NOF, with a bit of customisation it suits my purposes. And it literally takes a few clicks to change the whole website theme, responsive or not.

    If NOF supported responsive design, I'd upgrade to 13 in a shot

    Ken
    Html 6 will Implement Responsive Design............ The Industry Will then Move on as Usual.... Ie Responsive Design will be Transparent..... It'll be a Cold Day in Hell before I'd ever use a Frame Based Technology( Layers and Layers and Layers............... of Kludges) such as WordPress....

  8. #8
    Senior Member Trimdoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    It'll be a Cold Day in Hell before I'd ever use a Frame Based Technology( Layers and Layers and Layers............... of Kludges) such as WordPress....
    Millions of users must be awfully cold
    WordPress powers 14.7 percent of top million sites worldwide
    With 60 Million Websites, WordPress Rules The Web. So Where's The Money?
    20%-25% Of All New Websites Published Are Using WordPress

    Or in my world, whatever tool does the job

  9. #9

    Cool

    This Statement(In Red) that You Made If NOF supported responsive design, I'd upgrade to 13 in a shot ....... Makes The Quoted Post Above........ A Contradiction in Terms....................... Ie The only Reason that YOU are Using WordPress is because it Supports responsive Design..............

  10. #10
    Senior Member Trimdoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Billy View Post
    This Statement(In Red) that You Made If NOF supported responsive design, I'd upgrade to 13 in a shot ....... Makes The Quoted Post Above........ A Contradiction in Terms....................... Ie The only Reason that YOU are Using WordPress is because it Supports responsive Design..............
    ??
    No contradiction, because Netobjects Fusion doesn't support responsive design.
    I used to build sites using the NOF "no-master-page/zero margins method" because they would fluidly fit to browser, but that doesn't apply any more with tiny/massive resolution screens.
    By the way, HTML 5 hasn't been finalised yet, so why wait for HTML 6?

    It's late here, and I'm going to bed

    -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •