Thread: Upgrade from NOF 12 to 2013 complete...no real problems here!

Thumbs up Upgrade from NOF 12 to 2013 complete...no real problems here!

Install went very smoothly, no problems. Upon completion, copied my "User Sites" folder from NOF 12 into NOF 2013. Opened one of my larger websites in NOF 2013 and it displayed without any problems. Changed some of the output settings in NOF 2013 (HTML 5 output from HTML 4.01 Transitional). Published and noticed my custom menu didn't make the conversion process. Had to redo the menu structure within NOF 2013 and published again...perfect! No other changes were made. What I did notice is that publishing the home page in NOF 2013 HTML 5 resulted in 520 lines of code. The same home page published in NOF 12 HTML 4.01 Transitional resulted in only 394 lines of code...for the same page. I am running a Windows 7 Home Premium machine (Gateway FX6831-03 to be precise). So far, so good!

The recommended way of migrating web sites between versions is to export a template in the earlier version and then open a new site from template in the later version, in this case 2013. This has been the recommended way of doing it since Fusion 1 back in 96. Opening a nod file directly in the later version can often lead to corruption of the database file. It's great that you've managed to open your sites so far without problem, but don't bet on that always being the case. I'd strongly recommend using the correct template method.

When moving sites into 2013 it's a good idea to do a few things: 1. convert all tables to layout regions. 2. Delete the copyright meta tag (not supported in html 5). Remove any <center></center> tags (not supported). 3. Definitely re-convert any framesets (not supported in html 5) - thanks to Anton for these

Franko:
    Sound advise indeed! Went ahead and exported - then opened new site from saved zip template...everything worked flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by KWB View Post
    Install went very smoothly, no problems. Upon completion, copied my "User Sites" folder from NOF 12 into NOF 2013. Opened one of my larger websites in NOF 2013 and it displayed without any problems. Changed some of the output settings in NOF 2013 (HTML 5 output from HTML 4.01 Transitional). Published and noticed my custom menu didn't make the conversion process. Had to redo the menu structure within NOF 2013 and published again...perfect! No other changes were made. What I did notice is that publishing the home page in NOF 2013 HTML 5 resulted in 520 lines of code. The same home page published in NOF 12 HTML 4.01 Transitional resulted in only 394 lines of code...for the same page. I am running a Windows 7 Home Premium machine (Gateway FX6831-03 to be precise). So far, so good!
    Same here.
    ------------------------------------
    Ken Friedman
    Author of books about WW-II.

I have downloaded this FM WhatsApp at the request of my friend for dual WhatsApp, which I think you also need to download this app.