Thread: How to change H1 styles and Background on some pages

Default How to change H1 styles and Background on some pages

I have a website with two conflicting page styles
    Currently for any new page I have to manualy change the background and some elements
    www.SolarLightCap.com

The landing pages all have a white area at top as a background to the videos, and the other information pages are darker grey.

So the H1 text, for example is black for the white background, but on dark pages I need it to automatically change the H1 to white.

Is there an easy way? I tried the Automatic colour, but that doesnt do it.

How many pages do you need it different on? Just 1? A dozen? Half of them?

there are several ways to do what you want but let me know how many you want to have different and I will give you the method that is best for what you want to do
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

It is half my pages. About 20 pages in total.
    I have been manually changing the elements when I create a new page. Tedious and error prone.

Hi gotFusion

Looking forward to your suggestion. Thanks

You can make a new masterborder based on the default and assign your background to that. Every page you wish to have the different background on just assign it to that master border.

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=222

Understand that with different masterborders, changes on one defined masterborder are not carried over to other masterboarders. This can effect elements you add to the masterborder as an update/change to one will need to be made again to the others.

For your different header tag colors you can make a pseudo class and assign that to the different header text. The new classes you make will appear in the drop down box and you apply them just like you would your header tag (highlight text then select the class from the drop down to apply)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applyCSS.gif 
Views:	447 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	1498
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz