Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to link to a toggle pane on a different page?

franko,
    you want to link from your start page to a toggle pane on a different page?
    It's easier than you think.
    Create the link as an external link, with the full URL and just add the ID of this specific toggle pane at the end, like you see it in the links which Ray posted already.
    http://www............/page2.html#LayoutRegion3LYR
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Tommy, how did you do this in the tutorial referenced by Ray above? How did you add the anchor to the MLR tab top? I guess it has to be the same for a toggle pane?
    The "anchors" are generated automatically by NOF. That's what NOF uses to open a panel when you click on it -- it's just an anchor link. The only way that I know of to figure out what they are is to publish the site with the MLR's, then you can look at the link for each panel to see what NOF has assigned.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Thanks again Mia, Ray. I didn't think of an external link; was trying to find a way to make Fusion do it internally. And doing a local publish first to find out what name NoF has given each toggle pane makes sense too. I don't really want to use Tommy's meta tag refresh trick because I can't be sure what smartphones will support it (for the same reason I'm publishing in html 4.10; not all smartphone browsers will support html 5).

I'll get it sorted soon :-)

Ok I cannot get it to work. I've done everything both Ray and Mia have said here and it should work but it doesn't. The site is here. Only the first link, Our Church, has been linked according to above. It should open the first toggle pane but doesn't and, strangely, when I view source there is no source to view. Got me beat. I think I'll just have to use another program to create mobile sites; NoF just doesn't cut it yet.

Ok, I've got all the toggle panes linked (in between uninstalling and reinstalling fusion and constant crashes after reinstalling 5511. Finally uninstalled it and installed 5513 and so far it hasn't crashed again. So at least it's more stable - so far). Can somebody please check it out and see if you can tell me where I'm going wrong. I've relinked half a dozen times in case of a typo but they are all correct as far as I can tell.

thanks again, guys.

Do you have a URL to a functioning (as it were) site?
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Well, it looks like it doesn´t work with toggle, only with tabtops....
    After you had so many problems with your linking, franko, I made a test project, copied your page and tried myself to link to the different LayoutRegions like I have done before with MLR tabtops.
    And found out, that it doesn´t work the same way.

And ask somebody who is a pretty clever programmer and he said because this toggle is pure js and has a different technical background than the tabtops; so you cannot gain this effect with NOF toggle.

Sry, franko. I was so sure that it would work just the same way as with the other MLRs.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

... you might consider to use a jQuery Skript. Here you can open specified regions.

http://www.tommyherrmanndesign.com/n...tml/xhtml.html
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook

Thanks for trying Mia. It's useful to know it only works with tab tops. Tommy - thanks for this. To be honest, as this is a mobile site, I'll just go with a single page toggle pane as per the NoF templatesbut I will check out the script for future use.

For small single-page projects like this, it's probably worth simply coding it from scratch and forgetting Fusion.

Senior Member Thomas Frei-Herrmann's Avatar

here is the full jQuery documentation

http://jqueryui.com/accordion/
    Tommy

Administrator at the German NOF-Forum

NOF-Tutorials.com | German NOF-Forum | Overview of my tutorials | Facebook