Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navigation Bar not shown on page with form

I noted that Update 2 has been released.

Does is solve this html5/NAV Bar/form problem?

I'm having a similar problem with the nav bar disappearing when I add a Wow jQuery box.

Anyone know of a solution or work-around? I can publish plain text and Java navigation just fine, but not the regular NOF buttons.

Probably a jQuery conflict. The code you paste into the <HEAD> section contains a call to load jQuery. The NOF menus will also generate a call to load jQuery. In all likelihood they are two different versions.

The solution -- if you know that NOF will be including jQuery -- is to remove the jQuery line in the WOW-Slider code.

If, after this, the menus work but WOW Slider does not, then you may have to move the WOW Slider <HEAD> code after the NOF jQuery code. IIRC, this means using the [Custom 4] section in the CODE tab at the bottom of Layout View.

If this doesn't make any sense to you at all, or you get frustrated (as I have ) trying to get everyone to play nicely, the other option is to publish WOW Slider to a separate page with a Zero Margin MasterBorder and pull it in via an I-Frame.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

P.S. Since this thread was related to a problem with forms, it would have been more socially responsible to start a new thread with your specific issue.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

I tried putting the jQuery on a separate no margin page. But, not sure what you mean by an "I-Frame" (Sorry, but I'm a little thick.) I did try a "Screen Door" but the jQuery images didn't show?

An I-Frame, AKA an Inline Frame, is like a window that shows another web page.

So you would create your WOW Slider on a completely different page that contains only the WOW Slider. No navigation, no header, no footer, no nuttin'.

Then, on the page where you want to show the WOW Slider, using the I-Frame Tool, create the I-Frame and it will ask you to provide a page or URL to place inside the frame. Select the page you created above.

From Here: http://netobjects.com/en/nof/12/00/docs/webhelp/

Here's the info on I-Frame: http://netobjects.com/en/nof/12/00/d...line_Frame.htm
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Default How ?

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    This has been reported before that the navigation bar vanishes when the contact form contains a mandatory field.
    As workaround was suggested to publish by Site structur.
    And if you change the HTML output to HTML 4.01 with tables, it should work as well.
    HOW ? How do you "change the HTML output to HTML 4.01 with tables" ?

Change the output for the site in Options -> Current Site. You can also change the output of individual pages, layouts and layout regions in their respective properties boxes. In brief, html 4.01 and html 5 use fixed placement of objects while html 4.01 with tables and html 5 dynamic use what is called dynamic placement where the objects will be placed after one another. With fixed placement they'll stay wherever you placed them.