Thread: Woohoo!

Default Woohoo!

Just noticed I'm over 1,000 posts. Anyone want to send me a free bottle of champers?

Congrats!

How about you sail to the Caribbean and come take it?
    John - I am born to tease, not to please.
    For NOF beginners: read everything here and practice on mock web sites first.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Take me too long from here; I'd probably have shuffled off this mortal coil before I arrived. It's an enticing thought, though. Whereabouts are you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Champagne-Bottle.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	1805

Cheers - champers for brekkie!

Default Internet surfing vs. surfing the ocean waves

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Take me too long from here; I'd probably have shuffled off this mortal coil before I arrived. It's an enticing thought, though. Whereabouts are you?
    Hi Franko,

1). I shall never send you one free bottle of champagne because you will drink it.

3). You have to show up in the Eastern Caribbean for the bubbly prize which I expect you will uncork and drink it together with me.
    After all, this is what is all about.

3). At 1,530+ posts now, I see you are in a new race to score another 1,000 posts.
    That's great, but if the contents of the second batch of posts is not as valuable and entertaining as the first one, your new posts will be reverse split 1:2 or even 1:3.

4). You have enough time until you punch the 2,000th post to organize your sea voyage. You don't even need to own a sailboat. We get many adventurers from Australia and New Zealand here who hitch-hike a sea ride across the Pacific and Caribbean Sea. So you have nothing to fear about.

Franko, there is nothing like surfing the ocean waves and, unlike surfing the Net, you will be meeting only yachtsmen, impeccable gentlemen who have something to show after a life of powerful storms.

Remember: with 2,000 posts under your belt you will be getting two bottles which you can choose at http://www.top1us.com/most-expensive-champagne.html
    By the time you arrive, I shall afford the #1. Heidsieck Shipwrecked 1907 at $ 275,000 each.

John.
    Last edited by Since_v4; 07-27-2014 at 01:11 AM.
    Before asking a question, search to see if it has not been asked and answered already.

Ah, pleasant dreams. I spent much of the '70s and early '80s sailing before I settled down to a life in advertising. But at almost 67 (next month) my adventuring days are behind me. Besides, I have a congregation to minister to and I would never desert them. But thanks for making an old man dream :-)

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Ah, pleasant dreams. I spent much of the '70s and early '80s sailing before I settled down to a life in advertising. But at almost 67 (next month) my adventuring days are behind me. Besides, I have a congregation to minister to and I would never desert them. But thanks for making an old man dream :-)
    Adventures behind you at an age when you have a mountaintop view of the past, present and future?
    Geez Franko, you worry me.

I know what I’ll do about your free bottle of champers.
    I’ll buy the best champagne money can buy, drink the contents to the last drop, get the bottle dry and drop a message inside that says:

‘If found, please give it to Franko, NOF forummer, Tasmania.
    Franko, old chap,
    Congrats for your early 1,000 posts. You are a great forummer.
    John – Fusionist since v4’

I’ll give the sealed bottle to a yachter who goes to Panama Canal to cross into the Pacific so he could launch into the waves when he is close to Australia.

Sorry Franko, you will get only the empty bottle because nowhere in this thread did you specify you wanted it with the bubbly in it.