Thread: Problem with page sizes using moble template

Default Problem with page sizes using moble template

I am having a serious problem with using a mobile site template that is displaying page sizes improperly unless NOF inports the template. It displays postage stamp size on the IPhone or Andriod is the size if the page created with a right click on the home page.

Please take a look at the following site http://www.propsATL.com I set it up to show what is going on. The .nod for the site is also attached ad test site.zip.

Page 1 and 3 display just find. The home page that was a NOF mobile template starting with a blank site that works properly. The second is a new page selected using the right click on the home page. It displays postage stamp size. The third is from a template that was saved as a one page template created from the home page and then imported by right clicking on the home page and template.

Load this with an iphone or a android phone and you will see what I am talking about.

Another problem is that if I import a page, the backup can no longer be opened and no matter what I do, I cannot get the backup to work. I input the data in the fields, but they disappear with the dialog is closed. This has always been a problem for me since version 10.

Please let me know what I have to do to edit page 2 display the same size as 1 and 3. I have a client waiting for a mobile site, please help!!!. It takes too long to import a template each time I need a new page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What are you publishing as - html 5, html 4.01 with tables or html 4.01? I've found that html 4.01 is best for mobiles as mobile browsers often don't support html 5 properly. why are you importing templates? If you only want 3 or 4 pages then just create a new site from a mobile style, change the graphics as required and then add extra pages once you've formatted the home page. Make sure, of course, that you are only inputting unformatted text as text formatted in another program usually screws up a site. I've created several now and not had any problems.

What is your viewport setting? Is the viewport meta on all pages?

I'll have a look at your site zip a bit later to see if there's anything obviously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    What are you publishing as - html 5, html 4.01 with tables or html 4.01? I've found that html 4.01 is best for mobiles as mobile browsers often don't support html 5 properly. why are you importing templates? If you only want 3 or 4 pages then just create a new site from a mobile style, change the graphics as required and then add extra pages once you've formatted the home page. Make sure, of course, that you are only inputting unformatted text as text formatted in another program usually screws up a site. I've created several now and not had any problems.

What is your viewport setting? Is the viewport meta on all pages?

I'll have a look at your site zip a bit later to see if there's anything obviously wrong.
    The test site was published as html 4.01 with tables. The home page (Mobile) was imported from a NOF template to an empty site. Page 2 (Mobile 1) was added as a new page with a right click on the Home Page (Mobile) as as extra page as you mentioned and the Page 3 (Mobile 2) was saved as a single page templated and then inported. The reason: Page 1 and 3 display properly, but page 2 was postage stamp size. The only way for the Iphone and Android to display properly is to import a new page from a template I saved from the Empty Home page (Mobile). All added extra page as described displays postage stamp size while the imported pages display just fine. The actual site I am working on will be a couple of hundred pages or more making importing single page templates out the question... so far this has been my only option.

I'm not familiar with viewport setting or viewport meta. Additional information on these two terms as well as any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 does not have this:

<META NAME="viewport" CONTENT="width=240; initial-scale=1.33; user-scalable=0;">

Probably has something to do with your sizing issue.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RayC View Post
    Page 2 does not have this:

<META NAME="viewport" CONTENT="width=240; initial-scale=1.33; user-scalable=0;">

Probably has something to do with your sizing issue.
    This took care of the problem.

Thank you very much for the help.