Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Start Screen

Unhappy Fusion Start Screen

Any way at all to NOT have the "Metro" Windows 8 style front screen for Fusion? Did you include some sort of start-up switch or anything that would give me something more usable and less looking like a Microsoft-buttkisser?

Couldn't agree more! Took me a while to realise what that monstrosity was. But then, I've only been using PCs for thirty odd years. It would be great to have the choice of a functional opening screen instead. By all means keep the graphic, flat style screen for noobs and non-computer professionals but give us something faster and more stripped down for computer pro's. windows NT was great if you want something to copy.

Default Agreed with your agreeing

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this "new" interface sucks. I can't believe it received enough positive feedback in their Beta phase to have warranted the current layout iteration of a disasterous OS. They either picked MS employees or ignored reasonable people when deciding upon the opening screen layout, IMO.

Just inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Couldn't agree more! Took me a while to realise what that monstrosity was. But then, I've only been using PCs for thirty odd years. It would be great to have the choice of a functional opening screen instead. By all means keep the graphic, flat style screen for noobs and non-computer professionals but give us something faster and more stripped down for computer pro's. windows NT was great if you want something to copy.

It really is bad. In versions prior to 13, we were complaining that the list of recently opened NOF sites only showed 7 sites at first and you needed to scroll to see more but it would only show an additional 5, for a total of 12. Why not see them all? So we complained repeatedly and asked for a larger list of NOF sites. What do we get? NOF 13 now only shows you 3 sites. And it no longer shows a link to the most recently viewed page. And you can't scroll... you need to click and then your brain gets assaulted with the full screen monstrosity. I would love to hear the reasons for doing it this way. Or... maybe just see an update that takes suggestions from people who use NOF every day.

I also have issues with the dropping of choice regarding tool bars. The old Advanced Layout has given way to only one choice with massive buttons. Clearly NoF's target market is the newbie wannabe web designer (I have experience of such a one at the moment. My rector decided he was going to redesign our parish web site despite having a 17-year experienced web designer in the church. The result - a 16MB logo that has to be resized by the browser after downloading!). I guess with the demands engendered by the requirements of html 5 and css3 plus responsive web design, they've decided it's too hard to develop to meet the needs of today's professional web designers who mostly write the code from scratch.

And yes, I know NoF outputs html5 compliant code but it doesn't output html5 semantics - <article>, <section>, etc.

It's still the best wysiwyg tool available, though. Artisteer does create real html5 and responsive output but it's within the confines of Wordpresss' CMS structure. No good for creating the sort of custom designs I and others here create.

Just curious - anyone from NetObjects here? If so, anyone from NetObjects listening? If still so, how about a little bit of "vendor feedback" in the forum here?

The reason I started using NetObjects was because Novell basically bundled it with one of their offerings and I've been using it ever since. While my list of complaints is rather large, it is somewhat easier to use than most other apps out there. It has certainly come much farther than the html editor it used to be.

But sometimes, it takes a step backwards, like this asinine front page that looks like it was designed by a very young child.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    I also have issues with the dropping of choice regarding tool bars. The old Advanced Layout has given way to only one choice with massive buttons. Clearly NoF's target market is the newbie wannabe web designer (I have experience of such a one at the moment. My rector decided he was going to redesign our parish web site despite having a 17-year experienced web designer in the church. The result - a 16MB logo that has to be resized by the browser after downloading!). I guess with the demands engendered by the requirements of html 5 and css3 plus responsive web design, they've decided it's too hard to develop to meet the needs of today's professional web designers who mostly write the code from scratch.

And yes, I know NoF outputs html5 compliant code but it doesn't output html5 semantics - <article>, <section>, etc.

It's still the best wysiwyg tool available, though. Artisteer does create real html5 and responsive output but it's within the confines of Wordpresss' CMS structure. No good for creating the sort of custom designs I and others here create.

BTW, I emailed them earlier and they responded with a canned response. I then responded back with concerns brought up here in this thread.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Just adding my support to the objection to the home screen. Fancy copying the style of Microsoft's most hated o/s ever!

Banned

I also agree that the new layout stinks. I prefer the layout I had in NOF11 where I could see the "Last Page Edited" / "Last Date Edited" / "Last Date Published"

This information is EXTREMELY helpful. I would love to have a way to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsam View Post
    I also agree that the new layout stinks. I prefer the layout I had in NOF11 where I could see the "Last Page Edited" / "Last Date Edited" / "Last Date Published"

This information is EXTREMELY helpful. I would love to have a way to get it back.
    In the blue box where you see your last sites listed in the bottom right you will see a # (the # of sites worked on)

Click that number and you will be shown all you want to know
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz