Thread: Netobjects is not producing HTM5 code according to w3.org

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Netobjects is not producing HTM5 code according to w3.org

I purchased netobjects 13 basing it on the fact that it generates HTML5 code. However when I completed my site and generated the code with the html5 opcion on netobjects it just inserts the main elements of html5, but the code it generates is obsolete. When I checked the code on W3.org, it gives out an impressive amount of errors of obsolete code and how can that be if you are selling netobjects as html 5 capabale. This serves no useful purpose for SEO as you are using an outdated coding method that has nothing to do with html5. Taking the same file netobjects produced as html5 and running it on W3.org as an html 4 document, it does not produce hardly no errors. What this tells us is that Netobjects is not generating true html 5 code, its just inserting the html 5 element in the document which is in html 4 coding.

I paid netobjects an upgrade based on the fact that you are promoting the software that it would generate html5 code, however it does not do it, it just simply inserts the element onto html4 code. Please indicate to all your customers whether Netobjects plans an update that will force the software to truly generate html 5 code and not just mask old outdated html 4 code as html 5.
    Last edited by rdolby; 07-05-2013 at 12:32 PM.

it should only give one error if done right

when you test my video production site you can see the only error

Quote Originally Posted by rdolby View Post
    I purchased netobjects 13 basing it on the fact that it generates HTML5 code. However when I completed my site and generated the code with the html5 opcion on netobjects it just inserts the main elements of html5, but the code it generates is obsolete. When I checked the code on W3.org, it gives out an impressive amount of errors of obsolete code and how can that be if you are selling netobjects as html 5 capabale. This serves no useful purpose for SEO as you are using an outdated coding method that has nothing to do with html5. Taking the same file netobjects produced as html5 and running it on W3.org as an html 4 document, it does not produce hardly no errors. What this tells us is that Netobjects is not generating true html 5 code, its just inserting the html 5 element in the document which is in html 4 coding.

I paid netobjects an upgrade based on the fact that you are promoting the software that it would generate html5 code, however it does not do it, it just simply inserts the element onto html4 code. Please indicate to all your customers whether Netobjects plans an update that will force the software to truly generate html 5 code and not just mask old outdated html 4 code as html 5.
    Hi rdolby,

Can you post a link to the site in question, or PM me a link so we can take a look?

Thanks,
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Can you spell, 'Troll?'